View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 6

Wisdom for Today
Quiet satisfaction is the best way to describe what I felt after completing my Fifth Step. There was this deep sense of calmness in my heart, knowing that God and another person both had listened to my disclosure, and neither had rejected me. I also did not want to reject myself. I still did not like everything that I had talked about, but now it seemed less overwhelming. I had finished talking and was told by the recovering pastor that now that I had done my Fifth Step that it was time to be quiet and listen for God's response. We said a prayer together, and then I left his office and went and sat in the church for a while.
I sat there quietly and wondered about what God would have me do. It was as if the whole nature of my prayers had changed. I had spent months asking God for help and asking for guidance. I spent time asking for strength just to make it one hour at a time. Now, for the first time, sitting in the dark church, I was asking what God wanted me to do. I wasn't asking for something, I was asking how I could serve God. Not only was there an inner quietness, but also there was a satisfaction in knowing that I no longer needed to be self-centered. I could now begin to make changes in my life – in who I was – and became ready to do the needed repair work to put my life back in one piece. Have I begun to pray about what I can do for God?
Meditation for the Heart
From this point on, the path I was walking did not seem so difficult. There was a gentle rise as I walked forward. I had a sense that wonderful discoveries could now be made. My vision was clearer, and I now had something I had only glimpsed previously. I could see my hand in God's hand as I walked along this pathway to recovery. I could now see the power I had been given and how I had been kept safe throughout my life. I could now see that God had always been there with me, even in my addiction, and how He had protected me from too great harm. I could also see clearly that I needed to continue my journey through the steps and that I would learn new things every day. Has my sense of hope become stronger?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I know that there will still be times when I need to call on You for strength. I know that You will satisfy my every need. Today let me serve You and do Your will. Let me reach out to others and share what I have been taught.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: