View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 4

Wisdom for Today
Understanding that with freedom also comes responsibility is central to the process of recovery. If we are to celebrate our independence from drugs and alcohol, our freedom from active addiction, then we must accept the responsibility for our recovery. We are not going to have a truly effective program if we are attempting to stay clean and sober for someone else. It is only when we take responsibility for our thinking, impulses and actions and do this for ourselves that we can hope to find the freedom that exists in the program.
This freedom by no means indicates that we have been cured. Only when we are responsible and do what our Higher Power wants us to do can we expect to know freedom from the insanity of the disease. We are able to gain a sense of security in this freedom, and we begin to comprehend peace of mind. This freedom by no means is a reflection of a trouble free life. It does mean that we will have the tools and courage to live life on life's terms. Am I willing to be responsible with my recovery to gain this freedom?
Meditations for the Heart
Taking responsibility for our recovery becomes easier over time. As we grow accustomed to the discipline of the program and accepting our doing His will rather than trying to run the show our way, we begin to enjoy the responsibility of working a program. However, just because it gets easier over time does not mean that our responsibility lessens. Each and every day I must take responsibility for my life. Each and every day I need to seek greater understanding of God's will for me. Each and every day I need to continue to use the steps. Each and every day I need to do something for my recovery. The requirements of this responsibility change over time, and I need to continue to grow and adapt to the changing needs I have in recovery. This responsibility defines what it is to be willing. This responsibility defines what it is that I need to do to maintain my freedom. The freedom we all have is a gift, but it is our responsibility to care for this gift we have been given. Do I value the freedom I have been given?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
In gratitude I acknowledge the gift of freedom I have been given. Grant me a willing heart that I may be responsible for this gift. Help me this day to seek out and accomplish all that I need to be responsible for in my recovery. Let me be diligent in this search and give me the courage, strength and wisdom I need for this day.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: