View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 03:34 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

I was acting out my patterns when I denied that I had any patterns.
--Julie F.

Even when we are most out of control, there is always logic operating in our lives. B follows A, and D comes after C. The logical pattern doesn't cease to exist just because we're not aware of it.

This is how it works: We learned to meet our needs in ways that were modeled for us. Some of us learned to apologize, to play dumb, to manipulate, to rant and rave, to deny ourselves legitimate pleasure, or to lust after those things and people that would only cause us pain. That's A.

What we practice we become, and what we become stays with us. That's B and C. There are totally logical reasons for doing what we do and for thinking the way we think. That's D.

Logic isn't lacking. What the logic is based on is what causes us problems. What we learned to practice may very well not be working. But why we continue to practice makes all the sense in the world.

Today, I pray for the wisdom to recognize my patterns. I ask my Higher Power to deliver me from confusion.

You are reading from the book:

Days of Healing, Days of Joy by Earnie Larsen and Carol Larsen Hegarty
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote