View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

DON'T WORRY. HE'S WITH US.

"For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them." Matthew18:19-20 (TEV)

"But there exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is indescribably wonderful." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 17

For what it's worth: Praying or being with God, especially with others, had no place in the years of my active alcoholism. When I witnessed this in Alcoholics Anonymous, although not drinking, I left many meetings early and loudly in anger. It was fear of facing the Almighty Judge I had cursed often during my drunkenness; and, it was the dread of falling back into hell that always drove me back to the meetings. Keeping coming back over many sober years has grown a deep appreciation for meetings in our Fellowship. Today I look forward to finding God there. I know He is there because I feel His Presence, and I often hear and see Him in others. Since I am certain many are there in His name, I am further convinced He is there. He said He would be. So, I need not worry about the future of our Fellowship. Its wonder will continue. My Heavenly Father is at all the meetings, and it is easy to find Him. All I have to do is look and listen for Him.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: