View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I have no problem with it for myself, although at one time I did. It is the exclusion that I have a problem with. When I see someone standing outside of the circle, I feel bad. I know it is their choice, yet have a problem with anyone feeling like they are excluded.

It says we don't walk behind or ahead of anyone, we walk side by side. Everyone from ALL religions qualify for this program. It works for people of all colour, creed, belief, situation, no matter what journey they walked to find themselves at the doors of recovery. We are all Children of God, whoever you perceive that God to be.

There is nothing more spiritual than joining hands at the end of a meeting. When I first got sober, they just stood at their seats and joined hands with the person beside them. The women of the women's group started spreading the circle around town, and just about every group in the city now closes in a circle. It doesn't matter what prayer you say, it is the feeling of oneness when you do it. The women's group also says the Promises.

Quote:
I read an article by a rabbi who said there is nothing in the Lords prayer that would cause religious conflict for Jews in AA.
The lords prayer contains the 12 steps and reconciles with the big book.

If the lords prayer drives em away, the booze will drive em back.
Fear no evil.

JJ

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote