View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:34 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

September 12

An Illness
An illness of this sort—and we have come to believe it an illness—involves those about us
in a way no other human sickness can. If a person has cancer all are sorry for him
and no one is angry or hurt. But not so with the alcoholic illness,
for with it there goes annihilation of all the things worth while in life.
It engulfs all whose lives touch the sufferer’s.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 18

Thought to Ponder
Right actions for the future are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past.

AA-related 'Alconym'
B A T H = Behavior, Attitude, Thinking, Habits.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Destiny
"Yes, we are again citizens of the world.
It is a distraught world, very tired, very uncertain.
It has worshipped its own self-sufficiency --
and that has failed.
We AA's are a people who once did that very thing.
That philosophy failed us too.
So perhaps, here and there, our example of recovery can help.
As individuals, we have a responsibility,
maybe a *double responsibility*.
It may be that we have a date with destiny."
Bill W., October 1944
1988AA Grapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 100

Thought to Consider . . .
What if I were caring rather than judgmental?

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
A A = Altruistic Action

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Decisions
Wise men and women rightly give a top rating to the virtue of prudence. They know that without this all important attribute little wisdom is to be had.
Mere looking before we leap is not enough. If our looking is charged with fear, suspicion, or anger, we had better not have looked or acted at all.
Letter, 1966

We lose the fear of making decisions, great and small, as we realize that should our choice prove wrong we can, if we will, learn from the experience. Should our decision be the right one, we can thank God for giving us the courage and the grace that caused us so to act.
Letter, 1966

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Ever so slowly, I could feel myself changing. Things that had seemed important were no longer important. There was inside me a warming, a softening, a stirring, as the petals of a rosebud stir almost imperceptibly into a blossom."
Neoga, Ill., February 1974
"There Can Be Love and Laughter"
Spiritual Awakenings II

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"...we have ceased fighting anything or anyone, even alcohol."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 84~

We are careful never to show intolerance or hatred of drinking as
an institution. Experience shows that such an attitude is not
helpful to anyone. Every new alcoholic looks for this spirit
among us and is immensely relieved when he finds we are not
witch-burners. A spirit of intolerance might repel alcoholics whose lives could
have been saved, had it not been for such stupidity.
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 103~

Now we go out to our fellows and repair the damage done in the past.
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 76

To define the word "harm" in a practical way, we might call it the result of instincts in collision, which cause physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual damage to people.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 80

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

To reach more alcoholics, understanding of A.A. and public good will towards A.A. must go on growing everywhere. We need to be on still better terms with medicine, religion, employers, governments, courts, prisons, mental hospitals, and all enterprises in the alcoholism field. We need the increasing good will of editors, writers, television and radio channels. These publicity outlets need to be opened ever wider.
Nothing matters more to A.A.'s future welfare than the manner in which we use the colossus of modern communication. Used unselfishly and well, it can produce results surpassing our present imagination.
Should we handle this great instrument badly, we shall be shattered by the ego manifestations of our own people. Against this peril, A.A. members' anonymity before the general public is our shield and our buckler.

Prayer for the Day: God, please show me all through this day, what my next step is to be and please grace me with whatever I need to take care of the problems in my life today. I ask especially that you free me from the bondage of self-will.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: