View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Fear imprisons, faith liberates; fear paralyzes, faith empowers; fear disheartens, faith encourage; fear sickens, faith heals; fear makes useless, faith makes serviceable.
-- Harry Emerson Fosdick

It has been said that the opposite of fear is faith. But how do we change our fears into faith if we have little or no faith? How do we start having faith? One of the easiest ways to develop an alternative to fear is to ask ourselves during a moment of fear: What is the worst that could happen? Once we know the answer to that question, we have dealt with the source of our fears - the unknown.

What do we fear now? First we need to identify all the unknowns that we fear. Once we recognize all the things that can happen, we will be able to prepare ourselves for possible failure, loss, or sadness. By recognizing the fears, we take away some of their power over us. We can then believe we will be all right.

What do I fear and why do I fear it? I know I am okay because I have identified my fear.
Like this because it affirms my own personal belief. You have to identify your feelings, allow yourself to feel them, in order to let them go. As the saying goes, "Just because you have a feeling, doesn't mean you have to act on it." Just because I am fearful, doesn't mean I can't do it. I can go to my God and ask for His Courage, Strength, Love, Wisdom, or anything else I need to get through it. As they say, "If He leads you to it, He will see you through it."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote