View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 07:42 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 13

Powerless Prayer

Dear God,
I am powerless and my life is unmanageable without Your help and guidance. I come to you today because I believe that You can restore and renew me to meet my needs today. Since I cannot manage my life or affairs, I have decided to give them to You. I put my life, my will, my thoughts, my desires and ambitions in Your hands.

I cannot control or change my friends or loved ones, so I release them into Your care for Your loving hands to do with as You will. Just keep me loving and free from judging them. If they need changing, God, You’ll have to do it; I can’t. Just make me willing and ready to be of service to You, to have my shortcomings removed, and to do my best.

~ Anonymous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In the past, we kept right on drinking in spite of all the trouble we got into.

We were foolish enough to believe that drinking could still be fun in spite of everything that happened to us. When we came into A.A., we found a lot of people who, like ourselves, had had fun with drinking, but who now admitted that alcohol had become nothing but trouble for them. And when we found that this thing had happened to a lot of other people beside ourselves, we realized that perhaps we weren't hopeless after all.

So ............

Have I learned to admit that for me drinking has ceased to be fun and has become nothing but trouble?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

New Way

If we had to get well by ourselves, we’d be in trouble. We’ve already tried this route. We need to learn a new way to live, not the old way we already know.

That’s why we have sponsors in Twelve Step programs. Sponsors are one of the best things about our recovery. We pick people who are happy and doing well in recovery. Then we copy them. We copy them because sponsors are special people who have what we want. They have sobriety. They have happiness. They have common sense. They have peace and serenity. And they will help us get those things too. We learn a new way to live from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wants or Needs

We are taught to differentiate between our wants (which are never satisfied) and our needs (which are always provided for). We cast off the burdens of the past and the anxieties of the future, as we begin to live in the present, one day at a time. We are granted 'the serenity to accept the things we cannot change' - and thus lose our quickness to anger and our sensitivity to criticism.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 560, 3rd Edition

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“People seldom improve when they have no model but themselves to copy.” ~ Oliver Goldsmith
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: