View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 9

The Almighty Lord, who is a strong tower to all those who put their trust in him, to whom all things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth, do bow and obey; Be now and evermore my defense; and make me know and feel, that there is no other Name under heaven given to man, in whom, and through whom, I may receive health and salvation, but only the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Tongue of the Learned

Holy Spirit, help me remember that a word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, I have not been rebellious; have not drawn back. Amen

Lord God, I come to thee for help, that I may make more of my life. Steady me, that I may know its value without wavering, and the loss it sustains from wasted days. I pray that I may live more in thy commandments, and with my work accept the joy of thy love. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for Your kindness toward me in working with me to overcome the areas of my life that need more discipline. I do want a prayer life that is pleasing to You. Help me in this endeavor. Correct those areas in my life that would hinder me from spending more time with You. Grant me the grace to overcome any laziness that tempts me. Fill me with Your Spirit this day and let me be a blessing in this life to all I come in contact with. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-26

Dear Father, grower of spiritual fruit,

Let the fruit of the Spirit blossom, mature, and ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these. Let me possess them!

Since I belong to Christ, I have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Let me live by the Spirit. Let me walk by the Spirit!

Let me show no self-conceit, give no provocation, have no envy toward anyone else. Let me live in, through, and for Christ Jesus, as he lives in, through, and for me and his whole church.

In the name of Jesus I ask you to perfect us, whatever that may take, and give us the grace to endure your renovation process. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: