View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

Prayer for the Morning (written by Metropolitan Philaret)

Lord, give me the strength to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your holy will. Reveal Your will to me every hour of the day. Bless my dealings with all people. Teach me to treat all people who come to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all. In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.

Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me the physical strength to bear the labors of this day. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray in me. Amen.

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Trust in the Living God

In the name of Jesus, I would not be high-minded nor trust in uncertain riches. My trust is in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Father, I purpose to be a wise steward of the finances You give to me, and use them to further Your Kingdom. My giving not only helps supply the needs of people, but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to You, my Lord and my God. Amen

Dear Lord, where I can change my condition for the better, give me the wisdom and courage to do so. Where I cannot change my circumstances, help me to take control and change my attitude. Let me adopt a positive attitude that will glorify You, and may my problems become opportunities for service. ... "As a man thinketh"* -- help me to see, Lord, that how I choose to think will influence my future. Is my cup half empty, or is it half full? I can be optimistic, or I can choose to think negatively and witness to the weakness of my faith, and help to bring on the disaster that I dread. It's up to me, isn't it?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Prov. 23:7)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, thou hast proven the strength of thy promises by thy tender love and mercy through the darkest hours. Help me always to cling to the hope that thou hast provided for my soul. May I be trustful, and be thankful to "see so much as one side of a celestial idea, one side of the rainbow, and the sunset sky." Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, we desire to be like You so we are asking You to help us to be honest in all of our dealings with others. May we be concerned about the other party when we purchase something and not just look on what is always advantageous to us. Help us to overcome selfishness. Lord, help us to control the things that we speak and speak things that are kind and edifying. Deliver us from anger and resentment and let us keep a forgiving attitude when others wrong us. Lord, we are trusting You to vindicate us when others take advantage of us. Lord, we just do not want to be the ones guilty of taking advantage of another. Help us to always be fair and honest in our dealings. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For Strength During The Time Of Adversity”

Father, when we’re hurting, confused or emotionally paralyzed we’re unsure of the first step to take. But our fears diminish when we recall the words of Scripture, “For I hold you by your right hand–I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.” The songwriter also reminds us, “Each step I take, I know that He will guide me; to higher ground He ever leads me on, until some day the last step will be taken. Each step I take just leads me closer home. At times I feel my faith begin to waver, when up ahead I see a chasm wide. It’s then I turn and look up to my Saviour, I am strong when He is by my side.” Since You promise never to leave us nor forsake us, help us to remember that we never walk this journey alone, but we take each step by faith with You at our side. How grateful we are to be Your children. Amen.

Dear Lord, we rejoice in Your love, for it takes the heaviness from our hearts. May each day strengthen us to serve others, for in Your love, there are ways to serve the needs of others. With Your love, there is courage and no fear of the future, for all the emptiness is gone. Thank You, Lord Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: