View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #78
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

What are you thinking?

"I never know what I think about something until I read what I've written on it."

-- William Faulkner

What have you been thinking lately?

Do you know? We get so accustomed to our thoughts that we lose awareness of them. We don’t see how they are stuck in old habitual patterns, most of which don’t serve us.

Take time to journal so you can capture your thoughts on paper. By doing so, you will begin to take control of your mind and use it to best advantage.

"When you choose to understand [and] exercise control over the functions and attributes of your own mind, you will be empowered to create your own reality, to be completely self-reliant and totally prosperous."

-- The Delfin Knowledge System

This is interesting for me because I tend to get caught up in my own mind and that is why it is good to come here and post, pick up the phone and call my sponsor or a friend, or just do a meditation to quiet my mind and put some order to what is going on. When I hear, speak, or read what I think, it often makes more sense and it can be very enlightening.

I remember calling my sponsor one day and nattering off to her, I paused, and then laughed and said, "Oh, I'm on a pity party aren't I?" Until then I hadn't been aware, but by picking up the phone and talking to her, I could see where I was at, accept it, and then move on and change it.
Something I posted on another site in 2008

Seeing as I have had the thought pity party and pity pot, perhaps I need to address some issues concerning this. I think I am just accepting that I am sitting on the pot, that means I have to take action to change my attitude.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: