View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 16

Wisdom for Today
When I first walked through the doors of the program, I realized that I knew nothing about how to stay clean and sober. Over time, God and the people in the program have constantly shown more and more to me about the ways to establish and maintain recovery. Each day I ask for more to be revealed. Each day I ask how and what I can do to help those who still suffer. I ask for willingness to share freely the things that have been given me. Each of these revelations and increased knowledge of recovery is a part of the miracle of recovery.
Sharing this information with others is a part of the small way I participate in the miracle happening for others. In sharing with others I am also helping myself. It is important to share freely what has been learned in the process of recovery. It is equally important to say "I do not have the answer." We can only give away what we know. This is in part why it is so important to keep learning and making a life long study of the program. Do I continue to study the principles of the program?
Meditations for the Heart
In the study of the program, we gain confidence in what works. We learn to have faith in these spiritual principles which underlie all of the program. We find strength in the quiet meditation and quietness. We learn from others, and we share what we know. Study however does require effort. We must discipline ourselves to spend time reading and in discussion with others to gain this understanding and knowledge. We will not gain anything without effort. We ask for willingness to give this effort. We schedule time in our day to learn. We learn to build our understanding of what works. We learn to understand the history of the program. We learn from the wisdom of those who have walked the path before us. We find new answers and we implement them in our lives. Do I spend time in study of the program?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
This day I ask you to teach me. Provide me with opportunity to learn what You want for me to learn today. Give me openness to expand my knowledge and to share what I know with others. Open my mind to see what You want me to see this day. Open my ears so that I might hear what You want me to hear today.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links