View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 26

Wisdom for Today
Throughout our recovery process it is important to continually make the program a part of us. We do this through attending meetings, talking with our sponsors, and by reading and studying program literature. In each of these ways we improve our knowledge of the program. We can never have to much knowledge of the program. The more we understand the better our chances. However this knowledge is only of value to us if we put it into action. We must take this knowledge and live it. Listening to others and reading does help us prepare to think the program. It helps us to know what to do next. It helps us discern the truth.

Working the program becomes second nature to us only when we make the program a part of us.
It needs to become a natural instinct and a habit if we are to "intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us." This only happens with study and practice. Therefore, we can never learn enough. We read and reread passages in the Big Book. We study our meditation books, and we study the twelve steps. We attend program workshops to increase our knowledge. It may be that we do not truly understand what we read or hear until the fourth, seventh, or even twentieth time we study it. Am I continually working to improve my understanding and living of the program?
Meditations for the Heart
In order to fully share the experience of recovery, we must immerse ourselves in it. We work to accept the discipline of the structure that the program offers. It is in this structure that we find the answers to the questions we ask. We learn to practice what we know to be true. In this practice of the program, we find that the program takes on new meaning. As the meaning of the program changes for us, we also change. We gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of what the program really means for us. As we rely more and more on the principles of the program our faith is increased. As our faith increases we find that our fears are relieved. We find that we begin to hope for more than simple sobriety, but we hope to find a way of living life with an inner sense of security and peace. Am I willing to immerse myself in the program?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Today let the sunlight of the program shine on me. Let me carry this sunshine into all that I do. Let me take time today to study further this program and deepen my understanding of it. Open new doors for me and let me not fear walking through them. Let me never close the doors that lead to a greater knowledge of the program.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: