View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #153
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Food For Thought

November 11

Asking Directions

When we do not know which way to turn, let us not be too proud to ask for directions. We have found our way to a program, which can guide us out of the confusion of compulsive overeating into an ordered, satisfying way of life. In OA, there are people who can give us the directions we need, if we will ask for help.

There is much that we can do on our own thoroughly studying the literature, planning our three meals a day, establishing firm contact with our Higher Power. When we hit a snag, however, or are unsure of how to handle a difficult situation, we need to promptly seek the assistance our group provides. In order to receive help, we usually need to ask for it.

The illusion that we knew how to manage our lives and did not have to follow anyone else's directions was one of the causes of our difficulties with food and with life in general. Admitting that by ourselves we are powerless enables us to ask for the directions we need.

I ask for Your directions. Lord.
I have a terrible sense of direction, it only makes it more important, that I turn things over to my Higher Power and ask for direction, as well as strength, courage, and what ever else I need along the way.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote