View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default One Day At A Time

Quote:
Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how. The moment the moment you know how, you being to die a little. The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.

- Agnes de Mille

How arrogant and ignorant of us to believe that we can do anything but live one day at a time! We are so deluded by our illusion of control that we really believe that we can control the future, make things happen the way we want and completely control our lives. When we do this, we cease living.

Living fully I living a life of faith. We do our footwork, make our plans, and then let go. Living fully is taking a leap of faith and, before our feet are squarely on the ground, leaping again. When we think we have things under control, we "begin to die a little."

It takes a lot of faith to live one day at a time, and the alternatives don't look that inviting.
This reminds me of my saying about myself and being an Aries, "The left foot is moving forward and the right doesn't know it has to move yet."

People get upset when they ask, "What are you doing Saturday, and I respond, "I don't know!" I may make plans, but I have found out one thing in recovery and that God and I don't always think alike!" Also, "We aren't always on the same wave length," although I do try to align my will with His, and "God doesn't always let me know what His plans are for me" although this inquiring mind often wants to know.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote