View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Posted this on another post earlier this week. This was the original. The post I made up, I wrote as it came to mind in today!

Quote:
Let me tell you my story about the two doors. I think I posted this on the AEB site so some of you may have seen it before.

One door with a room full of CHIT behind it and all you will find in this room is CHIT. If you put your hands in it, even dig right up to your elbows, jump right into it or even wallow in it all you will ever find is CHIT Next to the door there are 12 steps and you can take the 12 steps and leave the CHIT behind.

There is a new door with many gifts called sobriety. Anytime you want to, you can go down the stairs and you can wallow in the CHIT; But you can always take the steps again and get out of the CHIT. In the new room there are many gifts for having worked the steps; They are yours for the taking as long as you remember to use the steps.

Firefly (Me)

=======================================

There was a little boy who was the worlds greatest optimist. He could find the good in anyone and anything. Not wanting him to be hurt as he got older, his parents thought they would teach him a life lesson. It was his birthday and they got a whole truck load of horse manure and dumped it into his room.
When they opened the door for him, he jumped right in digging with both hands. When they asked him what he was doing, he said, "With all this manure, I know there has to be a pony in here somewhere."
We can choose to see the dark side, or we can choose to see the light side. We can choose to be happy, or we can choose to be miserable.

Wolf

=======================================

People say to me, well I have done the steps!

I remember asking "What happens when I get to Step Twleve?" I was told, "Start again at Step One! You should have grown as a result of working the steps, so you will have a new perception of yourself and your life, so if you want to keep growing and changing, keep working the step!"

Self-honesty doesn't happen overnight, and it is only through working the steps that I was able to get "REAL" and remove the layers that block my vision and kept me in a world of illusion and denial.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote