View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reprieve - September

September 1

“AFRESH EACH DAY”

“See to it that your relationship with Him is right...” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 164

“God's mercies begin afresh each day.” Lamentations 3: 23

For what it's worth: My relationship with God was pitiful during my drinking days. I believed it was His condemnation of me, but sober in Alcoholics Anonymous I saw it was because of me. Alcoholism and I built all manner of barricades against God, so improvement in our relationship is due to His mercy, not anything on my part. I am deeply grateful for His compassionate love because everything in my life depends upon my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I am so often weak maintaining a bond with Him. I have to go to Him nearly every day, saying “here I am again Lord”. I tell Him I am sorry for what I have done and what I have failed to do, and we discuss ways I can improve. He never grows tired of our meetings, nor complains about my weaknesses. I am so grateful that His loving mercy begins “afresh each day."

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links