View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

July 10

Daily Inventory
In all these situations we need self-restraint, honest analysis of what is involved,
a willingness to admit when the fault is ours, and an equal willingness to forgive when
the fault is elsewhere. We need not be discouraged when we fall into the error of our old
ways, for these disciplines are not easy. We shall look for progress, not for perfection.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p 86

Thought to Ponder
Inventory-taking is not always done in red ink.

AA-related 'Alconym'
A B C = Action, Belief, Continue.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Inventory
"A few months after I made my original trip to Akron
I was feeling pretty cocky,
and I didn't think my wife was treating me with proper respect, now that I
was an outstanding citizen.
So I set out to get drunk deliberately,
just to teach her what she was missing.
A week later, I had to get an old friend from Akron
to spend two days sobering me up.
That was my lesson,
that one could not take the moral inventory
and then file it away;
that the alcoholic has to continue to take inventory every day
if he expects to get well and stay well."
1976, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 293-4

Thought to Consider . . .
In order to recover we have to uncover.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
F A I T H = Facing All In Trusting Him

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Practice It
"As Dr. Bob himself said, I don't think we can do anything very well in this world unless we practice it. And I don't believe we do A.A. too well unless we practice it. We should practice acquiring the spirit of service. We should attempt to acquire some faith, which isn't easily done, especially for the person who has always been very materialistic, following the standards of society today. But I think faith can be acquired; it can be acquired slowly; it has to be cultivated. That was not easy for me, and I assume that it is difficult for everyone else"
1980, AAWS, Inc., Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers, page 307-308

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"My spiritual awakening has involved three major leaps: Save Me, Help Me, and Use Me."
Essex Junction, Vermont, February 2000
"Save Me, Help Me, Use Me,"
AA Grapevine

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"If we were to live, we had to be free of anger. The grouch and the
brainstorm were not for us. They may be the dubious luxury of normal
men, but for alcoholics these things are poison."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 66~

"If we were to live, we had to be free of anger. The grouch and the
brainstorm were not for us. They may be the dubious luxury of normal
men, but for alcoholics these things are poison."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 66~

"We know these suggestions are sometimes difficult to follow, but you will save many a heartbreak if you can succeed in observing them."
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 111 (To Wives)

"All of its Twelve Steps are but suggestions."
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 26 (Step Two)

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

There are few absolutes inherent in the Twelve Steps. Most Steps are open to interpretation, based on the experience and outlook of the individual.
Consequently, the individual is free to start the /steps at whatever point he can, or will. God, as we understand Him, may be defined as a Power greater or the Higher Power. For thousands of members, the A.A. group itself has been a Higher Power in the beginning. This acknowledgment is easy to make if a newcomer knows that most of the members are sober and he isn't.
His admission is the beginning of humility at least the newcomer is willing to disclaim that he himself is God. That's all the start he needs. If, following this achievement, he will relax and practice as many of the Steps as he can, he is sure too grow spiritually.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, let me take the suggestions given to me to my heart. Allow me to set down my ego in order to follow them.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote