View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
yukonm
Administrator

February 3

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Perhaps your husband has been living in that strange world of alcoholism where everything is distorted and exaggerated. You can see that he really does love you with his better self. Of course, there is such a thing as incompatibility, but in nearly every instance the alcoholic only seems to be unloving and inconsiderate; it is usually because he is warped and sickened that he says and does these appalling things. Today most of our men are better husbands and fathers than ever before. - Pg. 108 - To Wives

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

In this moment you may feel the most human and most powerless time of your entire life. In the coming weeks and months, many changes will sweep over your life and your person. Try not to hide from the profound changes, but to understand them.

Keep me steady that I may understand my world as it changes from day to day and even from moment to moment.

Giving

Today I give with both hands. Giving for its own sake is the spiritual way and actually releases the gift. When I give with one hand and take with the other, I give only half of what I have and receive only half of what might be given to me. I limit myself in two ways. Somehow the universe responds to clear intention. When I fully release a gift, it goes to where it is supposed to go and what returns to me comes when and how it is right.

I am able to give with both hands

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Life on earth is one of polarity. We feel the comfort of love because we know the pain of rejection; we know the satisfaction of a full belly because we know the emptiness of hunger. Without darkness we can't appreciate the light; without cold we can't cherish the warmth. We know the joy of recovery because we came from the depths of despair.

I am not what I am in spite of my disease; I am what I am because of it.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Alcoholics and addicts - fast talkers, slow thinkers.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am no longer a victim of my past. I am free to move in new directions today. I am at choice in my life.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

We're all rebels who want to be hugged. - Charlie C.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote