Thread: WORTHY THOUGHTS
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Change

"I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change."

-- Jim Rohn

"Slowness to change usually means fear of the new."

-- Philip Crosby

“Just as the tumultuous chaos of a thunderstorm brings a nurturing rain that allows life to flourish, so too in human affairs times of advancement are preceded by times of disorder. Success comes to those who can weather the storm.”

-- I Ching No. 3

“If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself.”

-- Norman Vincent Peale

Courtesy of Higher Awareness
Change, for me that is how recovery works. If I am not willing to change, things will remain the same.

To change, I need to be aware of myself and my surroundings. I need to admit to myself, to my God and others, the nature of my dis-ease. I need to accept what is in the moment, knowing that it is subject to change. I don't have to like it to acceptance, but I can't take meaningful action, without finding the acceptance. In order to take action, I often have to change my attitude. Other times, I need to change my attitude so I can take action. If I think I can, I won't. If I think I can, I will.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote