View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 12

Prayer To Do God's Will Today

Thy will be done. Dear God, I am full of the sound of my own voice, that lump of pride deep within me that will not go away, no matter how I try. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, fighting the temptation to sin that bubbles up inside me whenever my mind strays from you.

Thy will be done. Thy will be done. Thy will be done.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to you. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.

May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Prayer to Receive God's True Word

Holy Lord, who has given me the facility to hear and understand, let me receive your Word with an open mind and clear eye. Whenever I read your Scripture, let your Holy Spirit guide me to the truth, setting aside my preconception and self-justification.

I pray to hear what you intend for me to hear. Lead me to remember that, where we disagree, You are right and I am wrong. And help me always to an attitude of humility in my study, keeping in mind always to use your Word as a guide that will lead me on the path to salvation, never as a tool to justify my faulty and selfish thought; for I am justified by faith. Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, how much you have loved us! Thank you for loving the world so much that you gave your only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. You sent Jesus to save us, and we pray for those who are unsaved believing that when they hear Truth, they will gladly come to the Light, call upon the Name of the Lord, and be saved. In the name of Jesus, we thank you forthe salvation of our families and friends. Nations shall fall down and worship the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Amen.

My Father, I would remember that my life may decline from the neglect of small things; for as thou dost nourish the wheat from flakes of snow, and supply the springs from drops of rain, so thou wilt strengthen my soul from every little blessing. I pray that I may not forget to watch my habits, and keep track of the hours that culture and sustain my life. Amen.

God our Father, you call each of us by name and you know the innermost thoughts that we keep to ourselves. Stay with us, day by day, in good times and in bad. Empower us with your Spirit that we may grow in character and develop a true sense of values and ideals through following Jesus, your Son and our Brother. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you, Lord for being so loving and kind to us. You are full of mercy and want so much to bless each of us who are called by Your name. Forgive us for the times we have failed to be the "Good Samaritan." We know that we have walked on the other side of the road, as we were selfish and simply did not want to get involved in helping others. Help me to use whatever talents and abilities that I have to be a good and faithful servant in my job, at home and whatever situation I may find myself in. Help me to treat others as I would want to be treated. Lord, give my physical body the energy and strength for the daily tasks before me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Prayer of Thanksgiving
Vienna Cobb Anderson
God of all blessings,
source of all life,
giver of all grace:

We thank you for the gift of life:
for the breath
that sustains life,
for the food of this earth
that nurtures life,
for the love of family and friends
without which there would be no life.

We thank you for the mystery of creation:
for the beauty
that the eye can see,
for the joy
that the ear may hear,
for the unknown
that we cannot behold filling the universe with wonder,
for the expanse of space
that draws us beyond the definitions of our selves.

We thank you for setting us in communities:
for families
who nurture our becoming,
for friends
who love us by choice,
for companions at work,
who share our burdens and daily tasks,
for strangers
who welcome us into their midst,
for people from other lands
who call us to grow in understanding,
for children
who lighten our moments with delight,
for the unborn,
who offer us hope for the future.

We thank you for this day:
for life
and one more day to love,
for opportunity
and one more day to work for justice and peace,
for neighbors
and one more person to love
and by whom be loved,
for your grace
and one more experience of your presence,
for your promise:
to be with us,
to be our God,
and to give salvation.

For these, and all blessings,
we give you thanks, eternal, loving God,
through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: