View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 13

Prayer for the Rich and Famous

Heavenly Father, I pray especially today for those who have great wealth, for those who hold great power; for the rich, the famous, the beautiful, the talented, the intelligent: for all who have been given an unusual abundance of earthly gifts and enjoy the accolades of their fellow man. Guide them in the use of their gifts, O Lord, but especially, have mercy on them, for with great blessings come great temptation to pride.

I pray especially for those who are so blinded by earthly gifts that they deny Your name, or if they believe, are blinded to their sin by their earthly glory and cannot find their way to the light. Grant them the blessing of your Holy Spirit, and lead them to salvation. Let me always forgive them when their pride or privilege irritates my own pride; give me understanding and not judgment; lead me to love them as you have taught us to love all men. For judgment is yours alone, and they deserve your mercy no less than I. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

In the name of Jesus, I pray for the Body of Christ. May our love flourish and I pray that we will love others appropriately. Help us to love one another sincerely and intelligently. May we live the life of a lover, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of; bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God. Amen.

Dear Lord, as flowers lie dormant awaiting the warmth of Your sun, help me to realize that for too long my life has been dormant, awaiting my surrender to You. ... "I believe, help Thou my unbelief." Take away the last shreds of doubt that keep me from total commitment, that I too may experience a springtime in my soul. Help me, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, inspire us to act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with you, our God. Breathe upon us your Spirit of peace that we may be bearers of reconciliation wherever you place us. May there be peace in our hearts, in our homes, in our land, and between all people. Amen.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, may our hearts find words to praise you together, to ask you with one accord that we may be brought into community with you. We come to you with our whole selves, with all that we have experienced, with all that has been given to us through your leading. For to this day you have shown us the way, guiding us through right and wrong, through the perfect and the imperfect. You have led us all to know that we belong to you. We are yours. You are working in us to bring about what you have in mind for each one of us and for the many, many who hunger and thirst for justice and truth. Be with us through your Spirit. Touch us through the hand of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior, and we hold fast to him so that we can praise you in his name. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many things You have delivered me from. I am very grateful that I am free of those things that were destroying me. Father, help me to be patient with those around me that are struggling with their sins. Remind me to pray for them and help me not to talk about them in the wrong way. Lord, I do need Your counsel also, as I have many decisions to make and I do not want to make the wrong ones. Help me to recognize and appreciate godly advice that comes from others. I humble myself and ask that You lead me in all of Your ways. I pray for my brothers and sisters, as well. May we all submit to Your will in all things. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: