View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

I earnestly advise every alcoholic to read this book through, and though perhaps he came to scoff, he may remain to pray.

William D. Silkworth, M.D. - Pg. xxxii - 4th. Edition - The Doctor's Opinion

Always said the Big Book helped me to learn about my disease. It helped me to see I was not alone. It introduced me to the 12 Steps, and then I went to the AA 12 & 12, to how to work them and apply them to my life.

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Many times we thought we used chemicals because we were unhappy, but coming to this program, we discovered that using too many chemicals is what made us unhappy. Now is the time to break the old unhappy pattern.

This hour, I am beginning the new clean and sober pattern of my life.

=====

Tian Dayton, PhD. - Book Quotes - Emotional Sobriety

Suffering

Today, I will not hide my pain and suffering from myself or from my Higher Power. When I bring my most honest and pure self to the fore and understand my essential powerlessness over situations, when I am truly willing to turn over this angst to a power greater than myself, something changes. I let go and create space for a shift in perception. I experience a quiet awakening in my life, and forces that did not have room to enter are coming in to heal me. It is in letting go that I have a chance of achieving what I desire in my life. Holding on pushes away what I want, while releasing lets it all have enough breathing room so it can stay alive.

I open my heart to my Higher Power.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

God answers our prayers in four ways: 1. No 2. Yes 3. Wait 4. I have a better idea in mind. ( Bob )

=====

I heard: 1) No 2) Yes 3) Maybe 4) You got to be kidding!

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We do not relate intimate experiences of another member unless we are sure he would approve. We find it better, when possible, to stick to our own stories. A man may criticize or laugh at himself and it will affect others favorably, but criticism or ridicule aimed at someone else produces the contrary effect.
<<<>>>
A continuous look at our assets and liabilities, and a real desire to learn and grow by this means are necessities for us. We alcoholics have learned this the hard way. More experienced people, of course, in all times and places have practiced unsparing self-survey and criticism.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Many problems will be averted with a very simple code for behavior. This is called 'kindness.' Kindness is more then politeness; it means a warm concern for the other person's feelings.

I let my kindness be a gift to another and the tag reads, 'Please handle with tender loving care.�

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Live today as you want to remember your life.

=====

The only thing more important than my recovery is my Recovery!!

"I'm sober today cause I ain't drank no liquor today." Harold B. - 33 Years sober & counting..

When I take the "me" out of blame; all I have is bla, bla, bla...

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote