View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 10:33 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 31

Practice of the Day-
BB pg-xiii
Forward To The First Edition:
This is the Foreword as it appeared in the first printing of the first edition in 1939.
WE, OF Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. To show other alcoholics precisely how we have recovered is the main purpose of this book. For them, we hope these pages will prove so convincing that no further authentication will be necessary. We think this account of our experiences will help everyone to better understand the alcoholic. Many do not comprehend that the alcoholic is a very sick person. And besides, we are sure that our way of living has its advantages for all.

-Tom- a few things that jump out at me:
WE- this not a me or you program, it is a We program. I have had many people and doctors say “you should.....” in AA it is about “We should....” together.
They recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. I could absolutely relate to that and it begged the question “do I want to recover from my hopeless state of mind and body?”
If I do, then they say “to show other alcoholics PRECISELY HOW WE HAVE RECOVERED is the main purpose of this book.
So then what you are telling me is, if I choose to follow the directions in this book, precisely, I will recover from my hopeless state of mind and body?
The answer is yes, and it comes with a Life time Guarantee.
I pray that today I remember what happened to me when I tried to manage my own Life.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links