View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 21

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, what are You asking of me -- my time, my talents, my money, my commitment, or MORE? ... Are You asking me to give of myself, and never count the cost? Am I to give, even though misunderstood? Am I to witness, even though it is not received? Am I to help others when it is unsolicited and unacknowledged? ... Lord, are You asking me to act as You would have acted in similar situations? Am I hearing You correctly? ... Help me, Lord, for I am often timid. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, for I can not do it alone.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, I thank thee for good friends, and for the delight that dwells in fellowship. Give me the power to apprehend love, and guard me against the ways to lose it. May I look to my friends to help me to be pure, and to help me live my truest life. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray that the joy of Jesus may be made full and complete and perfect in me, and that I may experience His delight and gladness fulfilled in me; His enjoyment perfected in my own soul. Jesus, you are my source of eternal salvation. Thank You for coming that I might have life, and have it more abundantly – have it to the full until it overflows. I receive the power of God that works through me. I rid myself of negative thoughts, and in simple humility, let my Gardener landscape me with the Word, making a salvation-garden of my life. I am united with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant to the glory of the Father. Amen

Lord God, Creator of light, at the rising of your sun each morning, let the greatest of all lights - your love - rise, like the sun, within my heart.

“A Prayer For Serving God In Our Generation”

Father, we’re grateful for those throughout history who chose to be men and women of faith, whose hearts were fashioned in Your image, for those who served Your purpose in their generation. We also want to serve Your purpose in our generation. Help us to stay steadfast and strong as we run this race set before us. Thankfully, in this race, we’re not in competition to be the only prizewinner. Instead we take hold of the hands of those who run with us and invite those on the sidelines to join us. We want to cross the finish line together so that we will all receive the grand prize of life eternal with You. May we never give up! Amen.

Give Ear, O Lord, to My Prayer
Psalms 86: 1-7
Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am devoted to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God; be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all day long. Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my cry of supplication. In the day of my trouble I call on you, for you will answer me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: