View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 20

Peeling Off Layers

As we work our program, we peel off layers of old, worn out thoughts and habits. The Program gives us a place to share old hurts and fears so that we are able to get rid of them. Our recovering friends accept us and give us the benefit of their experience. With their help, we are able to leave the old layers behind and move ahead.

We never stop learning and growing. When we are ready to accept it, our Higher Power reveals just as much truth to us as we can assimilate. Our Higher Power directs our progress through the Steps of this program as we are prepared to take them.

If we are sincere in our efforts, the right help will come when we need it. It may come through another member, a piece of literature, a new insight, or even a difficult experience. Peeling off and discarding worn out layers of ourselves is hard work and is often painful. But when we look back and see how we have grown, the satisfaction more than outweighs the pain.

Guide me as I peel away and leave behind the useless thoughts and habits I have accumulated.

You are reading from the book:

Food for Thought by Elisabeth L.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote