Thread: Step Two
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Step Two Study by MJ

Quote:
Step Two

" Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

The moment they read Step Two, most A.A. newcomers are confronted with a dilemma, sometimes a serious one. How often have we heard them cry out, "Look what you people have done to us! You have convinced us that we are alcoholics and that our lives are unmanageable. Having reduced us to a state of absolute helplessness, you now declare that none but a Higher Power can remove our obsession. Some of us won't believe in God, others can't, and still others who do believe that God exists have no faith whatever He will perform this miracle.
In Step One, I came to the doors of recovery, in Step Two, I come to and start to be aware of life around me. I have started to have hope that the program just might work for me. I see others with not only months, but years of recovery and I am praying that whatever they have found, I can too and it will work for me.

I had believed in God most of my life, I knew there was one but wasn't too sure of what He thought of me. I didn't think He had too high of an opinion of me according to what I had been told about Him. I really didn't think I could place too much trust in that area. AA as a whole was my Higher Power when I first came in, then it became the Woman's Discussion Group that I joined. From there, my concept and relationship with a Higher Power grew.

To be continued...

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote