Thread: Step 11
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nourishment

STEP ELEVEN: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

"Those of us who have come to make regular use of prayer would no more do without it than we would refuse air, food, or sunshine. And for the same reason. When we refuse air, light, or food, the body suffers. And when we turn away from meditation and prayer, we likewise deprive our minds, our emotions, and our intuitions of vitally needed support. As the body can fail its purpose for lack of nourishment, so can the soul. We all need the light of God's reality, the nourishment of his strength, and the atmosphere of His grace."

© 1952, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pages 97-98
Love this and reminds me of the quote from Step 2, bring it out of the darkness so the light of reason can shine.

We procrastinate about doing Step 4, yet when we bring things out of those secret corners, we allow ourselves to heal. It is a daily thing, not a one time process, be it Step 4 or 10.

By nourishing my spirit, I have that spiritual defence against my disease, to stay clean and sober in today.

I have to work the Steps on all levels, spiritual, mental, emotional, and physically.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote