Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - January

January 1

Prayer for the New Year

Dear Master for this coming year
Just one request I bring:
I do not pray for happiness,
Or any earthly thing —
I do not ask to understand
The way Thou leadest me,
But this I ask: Teach me to do
The thing that pleaseth Thee.

I want to know Thy guiding voice,
To walk with Thee each day.
Dear Master make me swift to hear
And ready to obey.
And thus the year I now begin
A happy year will be —
If I am seeking just to do
The thing that pleaseth Thee.
Amen.

For Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life. Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us. Amen.

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, I cried out to You, and You answered me. You delivered me from darkness and translated me into the Kingdom of Light; the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Were it not for You my world would be falling apart, but You were there before any of it came into existence and You are holding it all together right up to this moment. You *“untied things that were knotted together and tied up things that were still dangling loose.” Jesus, You were supreme in the beginning and You are supreme in the end. From beginning to end You tower far above everything, everyone. You continue to fix all the broken and dislocated pieces of my life and are fitting them together in vibrant harmonies, all because of Your death, Your blood that poured down from the Cross. I have seen Jesus and by faith I look at You and see the God who planned for me before the foundation of the world. Thank you for opening my eyes to your original purpose in everything created. Amen

Dear Lord, as I seek Your direction for my life at the beginning of this New Year, do I hear You asking, "What did you do with last year's directions?" ... Oh Lord, help me to humbly take stock of my life and find areas that need to be more consecrated to You. Help me to sincerely want to go deeper into Your Word, to pray for others, and to serve in my own "personal mission field." ... Fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may have the strength and power to change, so that I may reflect You each day of my life.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, lead me in the search for life. Teach me what is important and what is unimportant; what is false, and what is true. Remove the hindrances that keep me from the worthiest deeds, and grant that I may have the peace that comes with surrender of self to thy will. Amen.

Lord Jesus, at this time we can look back to the old year, and forward to the new. We give thanks for the blessings of the past year, and we place into your hands the mistakes we have made. As you are “the Light of the world”, take away the darkness in our lives. As you are “the Way”, lead us in the year ahead. As you are “the gate of the sheepfold”, protect us from danger. We entrust the past to your mercy, Lord, the present to your love, and the future to your providence. Amen.

“A Prayer For The New Year”

Father, You have crowned our year with Your goodness that flourishes within our hearts, nurtures our relationships, and provides for all our needs. As we embark upon another year we want to be quick to encourage, eager to reach others, and faithful to pray for our brothers and sisters; those whom we connect with regularly and those who live on the other side of the globe. Above all, keep us growing in Your grace and knowledge in this new year as we walk hand in hand with You. In doing so You will guide us through any dangers, toils and snares, for nothing can separate us from Your love that has been revealed to us through Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply