Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default God Wants To Help

GOD WANTS TO HELP

So many, many times when we are discouraged, we turn to the things of the world. These things have proven time and time again they don’t work; however, we continue to turn to them. We may spend money to help us temporarily feel good. We may turn to alcohol or drugs to temporarily numb the pain. We may seek food for comfort. When we really need Jesus. We are promised in God’s word He will be with us, strengthen us and help us. He wants to help and His help is now and forever when we choose to call on Him.

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” (NLT)

ACTION STEPS:
1. List things that discourage you.
2. Write down where you turn when discouraged.
3. Know God wants to help you be encouraged.
4. Turn away from the things of the world and turn to God.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, we know we are quick to turn to the things of the world when we are discouraged. It may be food. It may be drugs or alcohol. It may be another bad habit. Whatever it is we turn to, help us to turn away from it right now. Help us to turn to You and remember Your promises. Help us to read Your word and know You promise to help us when we are discouraged. We love You, Lord, and thank You for Your promises and Your truth. Thank You, Lord, for helping us. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

REMEMBER:
What a wonderful promise we have from God that He wants to help us when we are discouraged.

What a wonderful promise we have from God that He strengthen us when we are feeling weak.

What a wonderful promise we have from God that He will be with us when we are afraid.

What a wonderful promise we have from God that He will hold us up with His victorious right hand.

What a wonderful promise we have from God that He will encourage those who are discouraged.

FOCUS:
2 Corinthians 7:6a “But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us” (NLT)

Our God is able to encourage those who are discouraged like nothing in this world ever will.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...log_id=6384320
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply