Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Prayers by Gail Rogers

Prayer for His Power in Your Life

by Gail Rodgers

“God’s divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these (His glory and goodness) He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them (the promises) you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. ” 2 Peter 1:3&4

prayer to action this in my life:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you that through Your divine power I have all that I need today to get through life and to be a godly woman in the process. Thank you that You have given me promises in Your Word. I believe Your Word, please open my heart today to the help of Your Holy Spirit. Thank you that I can actually participate in the divine nature of Jesus and be different where I walk today because of Your power at work in me and through me. Fill me with Your Spirit now. Help me in the practical circumstances of life today to be wise and careful. Help me in my relationships today to show Your love and grace. Give me physical and emotional strength. Thank you that I will need nothing today that You cannot lovingly and abundantly supply me with as I allow You access to my whole life today.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Peace and Joy

by Gail Rodgers

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”. Romans 13:15

Dear Father in Heaven,
I know You are the God of hope. Yet so often I do not feel filled with the joy and peace You offer to me. So often hope is distant in my heart. Today I acknowledge that I need You. I need Your hope in my heart and I need Your filling. Please help me to do my part and trust You. Help me to trust You to give me the hope and the joy and the peace that Your Holy Spirit brings. Increase my faith so I can trust You fully with all the question marks in my life. Fill me by the power of Your Holy Spirit now. I don’t want to just survive or just get by… I want to overflow! Your Holy Spirit is the only one who has the power to pour the peace and joy You offer into my weary soul. I trust you today with all the circumstances of my life. Thank you that I can come to you, my God of Hope!!
In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Walk with Christ

by Gail Rodgers

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it - he will be blessed in what he does.” James 1: 22 - 25

Dear Heavenly Father,
I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life. Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Please let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout my day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today to want to do what you show me.
In the name of Jesus, Amen.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Be Real

by Gail Rodgers

“If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:26-27

Dear Father in Heaven,
I don’t want to be considered a religious person because of pious, self righteous attitudes or because I keep certain rituals. I want my religion to be acceptable in your sight. I want it to be real! I want others to see you at work in and through my life, refining and reforming me and taming my tongue. Set a guard at my mouth Lord, so my talk and my walk reflect what you want. Help me to focus not so much on me but on those in need around me. Father, I need your help. I need your Holy Spirit to help keep me from the pollution in the world. It sifts into my life so easily. I want your purifying Spirit to change me. I want your Spirit to guide me to those to whom I can be your hands and feet. Show me orphans and widows that need a touch of your love. I want my life to demonstrate not empty religion but a relationship with you that shows in my day to day life. Thank you Father.
I ask these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Victory

by Gail Rodgers

“That power (that as Christians we can know) is like the working of his mighty strength which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power, and dominion” Ephesians 1:20-21

“And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.” Colossians 2:15

Father God,
The spiritual realm seems so far removed from my life today. Yet I know the reality of it and how it affects my day to day life. Thank you, Father, that when I received Jesus as my Savior I stepped into a position with Him in the heavenlies. Not because I earned it or deserved it but because it is your gift to me. Thank you Father that this position is above all the powers and dominions of this world and the spiritual world. Help me today to stand in the authority of this position with the powers of darkness under my feet, knowing you have disarmed them and I need not be bent under them!! Keep my heart focused on you. Keep my desire sharp to confess the daily things that put a block in my relationship with you. Thank you Father for the victory position you have made provision for, for me, your child. Help me to live in this identity today!
In Jesus strong name I pray, Amen.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Strength and Guidance

by Gail Rodgers

“The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame…” Isaiah 58:11

Father God,
Thank you that you have promised the Lord will guide me always, not just when I am up and on track, but always. Today I lean hard on that and ask you to continue to show me the way to walk. Father, sometimes I feel like a sun-scorched land…but you promise to meet my needs even there. Today I acknowledge I need you. I am parched and I look to you to give me emotional strength… spiritual insight… and physical stamina. You even promise to strengthen my frame. Thank you Father that your tender care encompasses all of me. Help me to draw on that today and to praise you for it!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Wisdom

by Gail Rodgers

“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart maybe enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead…” Ephesians 1: 17-20

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you that you are able to give me a Spirit of wisdom and revelation. I need your divine insight so much today. Give me your insight and show me how you see me and my family. Thank you, Father, that you give hope. Help my heart to see and feel that hope that comes from you today. Help me to call upon the riches of your glorious inheritance to give me the resources I need today of patience, kindness, compassion and forgiveness. I just don’t have much left in my own bank account. I draw on yours today Heavenly Father. Father, please show your power in my circumstances today. You raised Jesus from the dead and with that same power can raise my circumstances from death to life. I look to you today to give me what I need. I choose your Spirit to fill me. Help me today.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Trust

by Gail Rodgers

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you”. Isaiah 26:3 & 4

Heavenly Father,
Thank you that You offer peace to my heart. It is Your gift to me and I desperately need it. Life is filled with so many distractions and disappointments that often rob me of that peace. Your Word says that you will keep my heart in peace as I trust in You for strength and discernment and wisdom in every area of my life. Active, conscious trusting keeps my thoughts focused on you. Thank you that Your peace will be the result! Father, please help me today to focus on You in all the details of my life, inviting You into each circumstance, conversation and activity. Grow my trust in You. Keep me today in Your perfect peace for I have very little of my own. In You I place my trust today!
In Jesus Name, Amen.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Speak Words that Build Up

by Gail Rodgers

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but (say) only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God…” Ephesians 4:29

Dear Father in Heaven,
It is not possible for me to keep my mouth from speaking things it should not. I need Your power to guard my tongue. Father, today help me to think before I speak. Help me to feel that nudge of Your Holy Spirit and respond before words rush out of my mouth unbidden. Father, I need you to help me to know what to say that will be helpful in building my individual family members up rather than saying words that tear down or hurt. Please make me aware, by Your divine power, of their needs so I can respond in a way that benefits them. Help me to run to You with the frustrations and anger and let You defuse it and send me back with grace on my lips. Help me to be bold when issues need addressing, but gentle and loving in the way I address them. Father, You are the only one that can perform this miracle in my life. I look to You today to set a guard at my heart and my mouth for I do not want to grieve You. Forgive me for the times I have and walk with me so closely today for I need the help of Your Holy Spirit.
In Jesus Name, Amen.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Put on the Armor of God

by Gail Rodgers

Paul uses the symbolism of the Christian as a soldier who engages daily in the battle with evil. The armor of the soldier is given as the protection in battle.

As Christians, we need to remember that we can have this protection daily as we face the various challenges of our lives. Each morning you can pray through the symbolic pieces of armor and invite the specific help of the Holy Spirit, who the Lord said He would send to be your help and your comforter and your strength.

“Put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to stand…

“Stand firm then with the Belt of Truth buckled around your waist, (Lord, please give me understanding of what is true and right in every situation I walk into today)

“With the Breastplate of Righteousness in place, (Lord, I thank You that I am loved by you and that you have washed my sin away and covered my doubt)

“and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of Peace. (Lord, remind me today to be open to what You want me to do, use my hands and feet and show me people you would have me do something for today)

“In addition to all this, take up the Shield of Faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. (Lord, I thank you that by faith in Your power I can be protected from temptation and wrong desires today. Guide me and protect me. Keep me from temptation and increase my faith in You)

“Take up the Helmet of Salvation (Lord, I celebrate the fact that I am Your child!)

“and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Lord, give me the desire to read your Word. Help me not to just read it but to obey it as well.)

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (Lord, guide my day and gently remind me to bring my problems of the day to You as they arise)

“With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” (Lord, keep me alert and focused on You today for You are my hope!)

Amen

Ephesians 6:10-18
Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Faith

by Gail Rodgers

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade – kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by Gods’ power…

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith – of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire – may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.” 1 Peter 1: 3-7

Father God,
Today, in spite of how I feel and what is going on around me, I want to give you praise. I want to thank you for the living hope I have because of my new life in You. I want to praise you for the power that is at work in my life, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead – resurrection power that can also bring life back into the areas of my life that feel dead today.

I thank you also for the inheritance you have for me, riches from the heart of the Father to strengthen me today. Riches that cannot be touched by slowing economies and falling stock markets. Riches that go beyond finances, health and circumstances. Riches that you keep for me, your child. Thank you that, by my faith, I am shielded by your power. What an amazing thought Lord! By my faith I am shielded by your power!

Today, Father, my faith feels weak. The trials that you have said will come in life are here and they are trying my faith. It’s hard to rejoice right now Father. I want my faith to grow. I realize that it is the most important thing in my life… more important than all my resources, more important than my bank account. You are more concerned about my faith than about any other thing… for my faith is my shield!

Father God, I declare my faith in You! Though it is only the size of a small mustard seed I will hang on to it with tenacity. Guard my heart today by the power of the Holy Spirit. Shelter my faith and prove it genuine in my life. I lift up my heart and I choose to greatly rejoice that you will increase my faith… prove my faith genuine… and shield me by your power today! “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!”
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Love

by Gail Rodgers

“I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3: 16-19

Father God,
I need to be strengthened with power today. I am weak and my heart sometimes grows weary.By faith I ask that Your Spirit will pour Your strength into me from the glorious resources that flow from You. Help my heart to be firmly grounded in the knowledge of Your love for me. Banish the doubts that want to filter into my mind and rob me. Help me to live my life as one firmly established and anchored in Your great love. Release me from powerless living that tries to pour out to others from an empty cup. Grant me power to grasp Your measureless love and to share its amazing embrace with others. Fill me with Your fullness today so that I may overflow to the world around me. Open my eyes to simple, practical ways to show Your love to those you have placed in my life.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, Amen.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Discern What is Best

by Gail Rodgers

Paul, praying for the believers said,

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you maybe able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:15

Father God,
I ask right now that You would help me to grow in having my heart filled with overflowing love for You. Keep me growing in my understanding of that love and how your Truth can help me avoid error in my own life.

Father, help me to discern what is best and give me strength to follow that course. Help me to keep my heart pure in thought and attitude and to live my life in such a way that I cast no shadow on Your name. May my life reflect the love of Jesus, may I share His joy and bring His peace into areas of conflict. May I be patient with those who I find abrasive and be gentle in return. May I reflect Your goodness to others and share my faith in You. Let my life be marked by a humility that shows my confidence is in You and not in my own wisdom. Let my life proclaim who my God is!!
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Seek God

by Gail Rodgers

“Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.” Psalm 105:4

Father God,
I can get so preoccupied with my own urgencies and with seeking solutions and remedies from Your hand. My daily needs can sometimes overwhelm me. Help me to change my focus. Help me to seek Your face and to look to You for strength to walk where I need to walk. Help me to seek to know You better.

Give me a thankful heart for the blessings I have received from Your hand. Give me a heart filled with praise for what I see in Your face; Your trustworthiness, Your peace, Your joy, Your strength, Your grace and Your loving kindness.

Teach me to look to Your face first, to always seek You… before I simply seek things from You. Thank you for Your loving patience with me.
I ask this in Jesus’ strong name, Amen.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer of the Authentic Christian

by Gail Rodgers

“Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and cast no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without interest and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.” Psalm 15

Father God,
Thank you that You so clearly spell out what an authentic Christian looks like. I want to live in Your presence. I want to feel Your nearness as I journey through my days. Please help me to walk in the power of Your Holy Spirit. That is the only way I can even attempt to walk blamelessly and righteously.

Help me today to speak truthfully in all things and to keep my mouth free from words that do not build others up. Help me to refrain from comments that cast a negative light on another.

Father, help me to honor other believers even when I don’t particularly agree with them or even like them. Help me to honor them because they are Your children too.

May I be a person of my word and generous in all my ways. May my feet be planted solidly on You today, my Rock and my Shield. “May my life be my worship” today.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Post New ThreadReply