Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom For Today - March

March 1

Wisdom for Today
My motivations for behaving the ways I did were not always healthy and often times got me into more trouble. When I look back at my active addiction to alcohol and drugs, it is clear that one driving motivation I had was fear. I lied to cover up the mistakes I made. I hid my drinking and using from other people so as not to be discovered. I didn't want anyone to know how much or how often I was getting wasted. I let fear make many of my decisions for me. I would avoid doing things because I was afraid. I would pretend I was okay even when I wasn't, because I was afraid to admit to myself how sick I was becoming.
Fear began to take over my whole life. It prevented me from being close with anyone. It made me run from a relationship with God. Fear would drive me to work harder to prove to myself I was okay. In the program I learned I could let go of my fears. I could turn them over, and I could let my Higher Power do for me what I could not do for myself. I learned I could ask others for help. I learned to trust people again and actually begin to make friends. Fear no longer had to control my life. Fear no longer had to motivate me to behave in self-destructive patterns. Fear could be replaced with faith in a Power greater than myself. Is fear still a motivating factor in my decisions, behaviors and beliefs?
Meditations for the Heart
God molds and shapes in our recovery. He cuts away the pieces of our lives that are unhealthy. He shapes and sculpts us into His new creation. This new shape becomes a vessel for our spiritual life. It allows us to experience ourselves as a complete person. I no longer have to walk around feeling like I am incomplete. I know that I am still a work in progress, but I also know that I am as complete as God wants me to be today. As I walk though my days of recovery, the vessel that God is creating becomes easier for me to see. I can begin to understand what He is doing and where I am being led. I can see that what He is doing is making me a better person. He is allowing me to learn a new way to live life to its fullest. Do I stand in the way of God shaping and molding me?

Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
You know me on the inside and on the outside. You know how I can let fear get in the way of Your work in my life. Help me this day to be open to changes that You have in mind for me. Let me be open to becoming the person that You want me to be.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply