Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default My Beloved Son (and Daughter)

My Beloved Son (and Daughter)

And all of us...are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another.... —2 Corinthians 3:18

We all make mistakes every day of our lives. But if we love God and want to do what is right, He keeps working with us and loving us into wholeness. We don't have to feel rejected in the meantime. God sees the end from the beginning. He knows where we are now and is fully aware of every one of our faults, but He also knows where we can be if He keeps loving us and encouraging us to go forward. God changes us from one degree of glory to another, according to 2 Corinthians 3:18, but He also keeps loving, accepting, and approving of us while we are making the journey.

The Scripture tells us that a voice came from heaven two different times and said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Why was this necessary? I believe that Jesus needed to hear these words, and I believe we need to hear the same expression of love and affirmation. Knowing that God is on our side gives us confidence. Jesus received God's encouragement, and we need to do the same. Don't concentrate on everything that is wrong with you. That will distract you from proper fellowship with God. Thank God for your strengths and turn your weaknesses over to Him.

When God finished all of His creation, including man, He looked at it and said, "It is good!" God intends to work in and through you, so relax and believe that God approves of you!

Love Yourself Today: Say out loud, "I am God's beloved child. He approves of me and will finish the good work He started!"

From the book Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply