Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 16

For Each New Morning

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
I thank thee.
Amen.

(From a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

In the name of Jesus, I am blessed. My Lord, I delight in your law, and on your law I meditate day and night. I am like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever I do prospers. Jesus, you have been made unto me wisdom, righteousness and sanctification, and I enjoy living in the Way of Truth. Thank you, Lord, for watching over the way of the righteous. Amen

Many of us, O Father, overlook the fragrance of the rose while we are being pierced by its thorn. Increase my faith in life and in thee, that I may not be dismayed over mysteries, but sincerely wait for deliverance. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for Your love and friendship. Truly, You are that friend that sticks closer than a brother. You are always there for us. Father, help me to be a good friend to those whom You have joined me with in friendship. I always want to be a loving, kind and faithful friend. I need Your kind of love to do this. Fill me with Your Spirit today so that I will be a blessing to all that I meet. Lord, may I not answer people in a rough manner. Help me to always be kind and patient in my dealings with people everywhere as a witness of Your love. Also, Lord, thank you for all the wonderful friends You have given me. Bless each of them today. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord God, we thank you that you have upheld us and brought us to the Savior. Help us to remember this truth through your Holy Spirit, and constantly remind us while still on earth to live in heaven with all your angels. We are helpless without you. Your Spirit alone can overcome our sinful nature so that we never forget to be in heaven with the Savior now and in eternity. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 17

Prayer of Submission

Dear Lord, I give you my hands to do your work; I give you my feet to go your way; I give you my eyes to see as you see; I give you my tongue to speak your words; I give you my mind that you may think in me; I give you my spirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me. I give you my whole self, Lord, that you may grow in me, so that it is you who lives, works and prays in me. Amen.

My Father, help me to understand that kind hearts and willing hands are made possible by the depth and greatness of thy love. May I possess the spirit of forgiveness and consideration, that I may not hold prejudice and revenge, but help with sympathy and tenderness. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for Your love and patience toward me. Lord, help me to trust You, when I do not see an answer to my prayers right away. I do want to take the time to come before You and find out if there is a reason for my delayed answer. Perhaps it is a "God delay" instead of the enemy delaying it. Give me Your knowledge and wisdom as to what You want me to do in the matters I face in this life. Lord, help me not to make hasty decisions that would not only wrongly affect my life, but others as well. Help me to be more faithful in prayer. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 18

Good Morning, Heavenly Father

Thank You dear Lord, for protecting and preserving me during the night and for giving me this new day. Good Morning Heavenly Father, and thank You for the glory of the sun. And thank You for the health I have to get my duty done. I shall devote the the hours of this golden day to You, by honoring Your Holy Name in everything I do. I shall pursue my daily art without complaint or fear and spend my every effort to be friendly and sincere. I know there have been many days that I have whiled away. But this is one that I will try, to make Your special day. And so once more, Good Morning Heavenly Father. And please depend on me because I want to honor You for all eternity. Amen.

Prayer to Put My Trust in Christ

Oh Holy Christ, Son of God and King of all humanity, I bring to you my hurts, my fears, my disappointments; I am filled with worries about my health, about money, about my place in the world, and about the health and safety of my loved ones. The struggles, the cruelties, and the tribulations of this life sometimes seem unfair and overwhelming. I cannot handle them alone, my Lord; I lay them at your feet.

You have promised to shoulder our burdens, Lord Jesus, and I am taking you up on your promise. I give myself to you, with all my emotional baggage. Teach me to lean upon you, to trust you, to know that in your ultimate victory, all of my fears will prove illusory, and my pains, short-lived.

Do not leave me to suffer alone, Lord; do not turn your face away. Forgive me my every sin and take me to your bosom, for I am your child and I know you love me. This I pray in your name, whose every word is truth, Amen.

Meditation

[I surrender my pain to Jesus.]

Let me not forget you as I go forth into the world this day, blessed Lord; may my every word be a prayer, and my every act be testimony to your love and truth, and my I know your presence every second of this day. Amen.

Lord God, my soul fills with gratitude for the blessings which I have received and enjoyed. Help me to conform to thy will concerning my duties. May I not try to resist thy providence. I pray that thou wilt bless my daily life, and make my home a place to dispense kindness and cheerfulness. Amen.

Lord, we give thanks for all who have brought life and happiness to us. Inspire us to give of ourselves joyfully and always look for the positive. Amen.

Dear Father, I am most grateful for Your abundant love for me. Lord, when I am going through trials, help me never to blame You for what the devil is trying to do. Give me discernment to not only see what the devil is trying to do, but give me the power and courage to rise up against him and overcome him. Lord, I want to always submit unto You and resist the devil as You tell us in Your Word to do in James 4:7. You said if we would do this, the devil would flee from us. Help me to overcome evil with good and not resort to my own ways in dealing with difficult situations. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, radiant, light giving, and almighty God through all the ages, be with us in our time too. Strengthen the grace we have received from Jesus Christ, and let it be known over all the world so that your name may be honored everywhere. Bless us, we pray, and let your blessing spread from us to others, to the glory of your name. Grant that the good may be strengthened in us, the good you have let us hear about for so many years. May everything that belongs to your Word come alive in us and in the world. May your blessing be on our actions, for we want to remain under your blessing, to the glory of your righteousness and truth. Amen.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 19

A Child's Prayer

For Morn, my dome of blue,
For Meadows, green and gay,
And Birds who love the twilight of the leaves,
Let Jesus keep me joyful when I pray.

For the big Bees that hum
And hide in bells of flowers;
For the winding roads that come
To Evening’s holy door,
May Jesus bring me grateful to his arms,
And guard my innocence for evermore.
Amen.

~ Siegfried Sassoon

Lord Jesus, you promised that when two or three would get together in your name then you would be present with them. May your Spirit lead us to grow more aware of your presence in our livestoday and every day. Amen.

Prayer for Those Who Have Turned Away

Grant, O Lord, peace, love and speedy reconciliation to your people whom You have redeemed with your precious blood. Make your presence known to those who have turned away from You and do not seek You, so that none of them may be lost, but all may be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, so that everyone, in true love and harmony, O long-suffering Lord, may praise your all holy Name. Amen.

Meditation

[Help me to know what to say to those who do not believe.]

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you promised that when two or three would get together in your name then you would be present with them. May your Spirit lead us to grow more aware of your presence in our lives today and every day. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for leading us in Your paths of righteousness. Lord, I know as we seek You, You will give us the answers we need so that we might prosper and be in good health. Lord, we need strength and health to be able to serve You and help others. Thank you for prosperity so that we are able to give to help those who are poor and needy. Show us the people we need to help. Give us prayers for the lost, hurting and needy. Prayers just cost us our time. Let us be willing to take the time to pray, to give and to reach out to others. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, O great and almighty God, we thank you that you have given us the Savior, in whom we can become united and have peace on earth. May he, the Savior, work powerfully among men. May your Spirit come into men's hearts so that they learn to acknowledge you as their leader and their God and to rejoice in their lives, which are intended for eternal life. Bless us through your Word and through all the good you do for us. Constantly renew and strengthen us in faith and in patience through the grace you send us. Remember all the peoples who should become yours in the name of Jesus Christ. May they all confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord, to the honor of God the Father. We praise you for the promise you have given us of a wonderful new day of help for all men. We praise you that you have created all men to recognize their true calling and their way to salvation. Amen.

My Day Is Ending
Evelyn Underhill
Lord,
You have been with me all through this day,
stay with me now.
As the shadows lengthen into darkness
let the noisy world grow quiet,
let its feverish concerns be stilled,
its voices silenced.
In the final moments of this day
remind me of what is Real.

But let me not forget
that you were as present in
the stresses of the day just past
as you are now
in the silence of this night.

You have made me for
day and for night,
for work and for rest,
for both heaven and earth.

Here in this night
let me embrace and not regret
the mysterious beauty of my humanity.
Keep me in the embrace of your Reality through the night,
and the day to come.
Surround me with your silence
and give me the rest that only you can give--
Real peace,
now and forever.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 20

O LORD, set a guard over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth. Your words are spirit and life, and I pray that the Word of God may dwell richly in me with all wisdom. Then my words will be seasoned with grace, and my tongue will keep me from calamity, in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord, You have said that where a man's treasure is, there his heart will be also,* and that as a man thinketh, so he becomes.** In short, I will become what I love. If I love what is base, I will become base, if noble, I will become noble. ... Oh Lord, help me to be careful of how I spend my time, of what I put into my mind, and of whom I choose as companions. ... Help me, Lord, to desire You and Your will for my life. I cannot serve two masters -- You and the world. Help me to choose You.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Luke 12:34)
** (Prov. 23:7)
(Please refer also to Prayer Rx for February 23)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, forbid that I should make thee regret thy gifts to me; and if I have failed to appreciate them, look upon me with pity, for I have cheated myself more than I have thee. Give me a deeper appreciation, that I may be strengthened day by day in the veriest duties of life. Amen.

Dear Father, I do appreciate all that You have done for me. Thank you, for the favor and kindness You show me through others. May I show love and kindness to all who know me. Lord, You tell us in Your Word that we are to love one another and when we do that, we bring glory to Your name. You tell us that when we truly love one another, men will see it and know that we are Your disciples. May we demonstrate Your love to all who know us. Forgive us when we have failed to show love and have yielded to our own selfishness. We know that if we proclaim our love for You, that we must also demonstrate it by loving each other. Change us and fill us with Your love is my prayer. I ask this in the name our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Thank you Father for this new morning and for the warm sun, and fresh air. You provide for us each day exactly what we need. Your Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness as you are our strength, and our hope. When we don’t know how to pray, you help us, and you bring encouragement through your word, and hymns of praise. So as we begin today may we continue to walk with you, learning each day your wisdom, love, and forgiveness that you so willingly bestow on each of us. May we stop complaining and begin to rejoice in all that You are.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 21

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, what are You asking of me -- my time, my talents, my money, my commitment, or MORE? ... Are You asking me to give of myself, and never count the cost? Am I to give, even though misunderstood? Am I to witness, even though it is not received? Am I to help others when it is unsolicited and unacknowledged? ... Lord, are You asking me to act as You would have acted in similar situations? Am I hearing You correctly? ... Help me, Lord, for I am often timid. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, for I can not do it alone.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, I thank thee for good friends, and for the delight that dwells in fellowship. Give me the power to apprehend love, and guard me against the ways to lose it. May I look to my friends to help me to be pure, and to help me live my truest life. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray that the joy of Jesus may be made full and complete and perfect in me, and that I may experience His delight and gladness fulfilled in me; His enjoyment perfected in my own soul. Jesus, you are my source of eternal salvation. Thank You for coming that I might have life, and have it more abundantly – have it to the full until it overflows. I receive the power of God that works through me. I rid myself of negative thoughts, and in simple humility, let my Gardener landscape me with the Word, making a salvation-garden of my life. I am united with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant to the glory of the Father. Amen

Lord God, Creator of light, at the rising of your sun each morning, let the greatest of all lights - your love - rise, like the sun, within my heart.

“A Prayer For Serving God In Our Generation”

Father, we’re grateful for those throughout history who chose to be men and women of faith, whose hearts were fashioned in Your image, for those who served Your purpose in their generation. We also want to serve Your purpose in our generation. Help us to stay steadfast and strong as we run this race set before us. Thankfully, in this race, we’re not in competition to be the only prizewinner. Instead we take hold of the hands of those who run with us and invite those on the sidelines to join us. We want to cross the finish line together so that we will all receive the grand prize of life eternal with You. May we never give up! Amen.

Give Ear, O Lord, to My Prayer
Psalms 86: 1-7
Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am devoted to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God; be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all day long. Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my cry of supplication. In the day of my trouble I call on you, for you will answer me.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 22

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Meditation

[Let me become obedient in all ways.]

Almighty God, who does freely pardon all who repent and turn to Him, now fulfill in my contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all my sins, and cleansing me from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. And turn my heart to your will at every moment, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, do I turn to You only in times of crisis, and then complain because I do not "hear" Your voice? Remind me that You have not moved; rather it is I who have distanced myself from You. ... How can I expect to recognize Your Holy Spirit's leading if I spend so little time with You? ... Oh Lord, help me to spend more time with You daily, in reading Your Word and in prayer. Help me to count my blessings, for I always have some. Only then will I be able to recognize Your guidance, to be responsive to Your call, to begin to understand Your plan for my life, and to feel a "oneness" with You.

In Your name I pray.

Amen.

Almighty God, I pray that thou wilt sustain me when I may be enduring for a purpose, and to accomplish it seems beyond my strength. Renew me with courage, and give me unceasing hope, and faith that is able to hold out to the end. Amen.

Father, it is true, I can’t do a solitary thing on my own: I listen, and then I decide. I’m not out to get my own way but only to carry out Your orders. Not because I think I can do anything of lasting value by myself. My only power and success comes from God.Your grace is sufficient for me, for Your power is made perfect in my weakness. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Amen

The things, good Lord, that we pray for, give us your grace to work for.

Lord our God, in the name of Jesus Christ, who is close at our side as the risen and living One, we lift our eyes to you in prayer. Bless us. Bless us through your Word, and let our hearts become quiet in you. Free us from all restlessness and from the turmoil of the present age, for we belong to you, not to the world. We want to find peace in you and remain in you. You will care for us as your children, whom you will never forget in all eternity. Bless us and renew the riches of your grace in us every day, for you, O Lord our God, remain our Father. Amen.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 23

What a Great Morning

Holy God, thank you for giving me another morning! I am lucky to be alive on your beautiful planet, so full of marvelous things and the beautiful plants and animals and all the people you have created in your image. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, now and all day long, until I go to sleep, because I want to live with you every minute of this day. The time and opportunities I have right now will never return, so help me make the best of it, Lord. And let me remember this one thing: You know what you are doing, whether I can see it or not; so I will try to remember today that you are in charge, that you put me here for a reason and that, by your grace, things will turn out with your triumph and the Kingdom of Heaven, for all those who live by your grace. All praise to you forever, Amen.

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Lord, You are my confidence and will keep my foot from being caught in a trap or hidden danger. I have returned to you and waited for you and I am saved; in quietness and confidence is my strength. In Christ and through faith in him I approach God with freedom and confidence, and I will not throw away my confidence; it will be richly rewarded in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord, here I am on this day, all starched and scrubbed, and ready to sing Your praises; but how about those days when I feel myself drowning in my unsolvable problems, what then? That's the test of my faith, isn't it -- when the day is bathed in sunlight but my own world has a cloud? ... Help me to remember to turn my concerns over to You, and to praise You anyhow, for You can make my bleakest cloud bearable, and provide light for my path. I know You can; I just forget sometimes. Thank You, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, reveal to me my selfishness if I am receiving much and giving little to satisfy life. May I be grateful and considerate of all those who labor to give me comfort and happiness. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the opportunity to give to the poor. Give us Your heart for those that are less fortunate than we are. We want to keep a compassionate attitude for those who are suffering in poverty. Lord, use us to share the gospel with the poor, as when they find You, they are then able to rise above their circumstances. Thank you for blessing me financially so that I am able to give generously to the poor and Your works that are spreading the gospel. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Your Love and Your Grace
St. Ignatius of Loyola
Take, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding and my will; all that I have and possess. You have given them to me; to you, O Lord, I restore them. All things are yours: Dispose of them according to your will. Give me your love and your grace; for this is enough for me.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 24

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Heavenly Father, You are the Lord of my life. You made my spirit the candle of the Lord that searches out my innermost being, and I submit to the Holy Spirit who searches my heart and He knows your will for my life. Everything is exposed to your Word, and I submit to the constant ministry of transformation by the Holy Spirit. Thank You for healing all my hurts, fulfilling all my needs and for helping me process and resolve all issues perfectly with the Word of God. I choose this day to submit to your Lordship and declare with confidence: my God reigns over my life! Amen

“A Prayer For Patience In Waiting”

Father, it is during times of discouragement or bewilderment that I find myself more attentive to Your instruction. My heart is more absorbing of the truths You want to convey when I walk in obedience and leave the results to You. Help me to always remember that You are the Teacher and I am the student. I welcome the wisdom of the Master to guide me into all truths, and sustain me in the moments of silence and waiting. Amen.

Lord our God, we lift our hearts to you, our help in every need. You do so much for us even in difficult times, letting us always see your light and giving us your help in the many things you want us to bear in your strength, O Almighty God. In the end you will help our age come to your light. Through your great mercy let us receive your Word. Bless it within our hearts, and help us to serve you everywhere we go and in everything we are allowed to do. Amen.

“A Prayer For Trust In The Time Of Trouble”

Jesus, I consider the multitude of hymns based upon Your Holy Word reminding me that You are present in the midst of my personal troubles. Edward Mote describes those times when it seems You’re hidden from our grasp, “When darkness hides His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace.” Sometimes the darkness of our ongoing struggles casts a shadow over Almighty God who works on our behalf even when He seems to be hidden from our sight. I know, in my heart of hearts, that You don’t disregard my need, so I will trust You as I call upon Your name in prayer. I am confident that You hear my plea. I have assurance that You will strengthen me in my weariness and empower me in my weakness. So I’ll continue to look to You for all my needs this day. In Your name, Jesus, I commit those things that concern me so that I won’t let them eat at me and become the things that worry or trouble me. Amen.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 25

Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done. Amen.

Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you–majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance? You are magnificence, a big God, yet you have taken your place in my heart. You abide in me and I abide in You. Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God. You have done great things. Who, O God, is like unto you? You are my Lord and Savior, Creator of the heavens and earth. You are a big God – more than enough to help me in any situation. Oh, my God – you went before me and prepared the pathway that I am to walk. I love you with my whole heart, soul and mind. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, we thank you that You have given us the Bible so that we might receive godly wisdom and learn how to live by it. Lord, we know that by following Your advice, we will be saved from much heartache in this world. Help us to walk in the Spirit so that we will have Your discernment as to the things we should, and should not do. Guide us by Your Holy Spirit in all of our affairs. Help us to overcome any tendencies toward anger, as we do not want to become angry men and women. Let us be gentle and forgiving in our dealings with others. We ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, grant us courageous hearts, we pray. Grant that we may always find our strength and support in you and may bear with joy whatever the present days bring us. No matter how much evil occurs, we know that your peace is already prepared. We await your peace, and we are allowed to believe that everything will turn out according to your will and according to the good you have prepared for your people on earth. For in faith your people overcome the world, and at last through their faith others too may receive something from you and may lift their eyes to you, the God of truth, of justice, of salvation, and of peace. Be with us every day, Lord God. Help us. Bless us, and bless all who try to bring help where it is needed. Let us praise your name forevermore! Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

Let Me See Release From My Addiction
Maureen Pratt
O Lord, with each new day, help me to be strong and continue to trust you.
Bring into my eyes and heart
an honesty that sees my true situation
and finds support in your goodness and guidance.
Let me see release from my addiction
and a renewed joy in living from this day forward.

“A Prayer For A Blessed Day”

Heavenly Father, upon awakening this day and drawing our first conscious breath we acknowledge Your hand of blessing in our lives. Even as the rays of sunlight dissipate the vast darkness we’re reminded of Your victorious power that melts the clouds of despair replacing them with renewed hope. Enable us to look beyond the unwelcome, trivial frustrations of our day that lead to whining and complaining, instead of being joyful and thankful. We, with absolute intention, choose to rejoice and be glad as the blessings unfold throughout this day amidst the bothersome and undesirable circumstances of our present day. We must keep calm and carry on until hindsight reveals to us how You were orchestrating events in our life to help build character, patience, understanding, and growth in our faith walk. It’s all part of Your overall plan for our lives so we want our “hearts to unfold like flowers before You opening to the sun above, as we join the mighty chorus…ever singing, marching onward, victors in the midst of strife” for we serve a victorious Saviour. Amen.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 26

The Love of Christ

Oh holy Christ, I thank you and love you for seeing who I really am. You know things about me that I don't even know myself, for you see with the clear eye of God, and not through the psychological tangle of human emotion and self-deception as others see me and I see myself. I most especially thank you, I fall upon my knees in gratitude, that you love me despite all of the sin and ugliness you see in me. You can see my beauty and heart, also, though, and love me as nobody else possibly could.

Like a father, you love me. Like a perfect brother, you love me. Knowing that you see me so clearly, and yet love me enough to suffer torture and death to save my soul, transcends my comprehension. I would be sick with shame, except that you have forbidden it, and by the power of God forgive my wrongdoing.

I give myself to you wholly, freely; every part of me blesses you. Take me to your bosom, holy Christ; let me live your love and reflect your light, that others may see a dim reflection of your magnificence in my lowly life, and that despite my many grievous faults, I might please you by doing better today, and every day. And this I vow: I will try, at least once today, to take a step closer to you, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

May the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

Lord, you are my shield, my glory, and my only hope. You alone can lift my head, now bowed in shame. I cried out to the Lord, and he heard me from his Holy Temple. Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me. And now, although ten thousand enemies surround me on every side, I am not afraid. Salvation comes from God. Jesus is my Lord! What joys he gives to all his people. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to leave space in my days for quiet growth, for new ideas, for dreams and insights, for new perspectives and directions, for listening for Your quiet voice, and sensing Your will for me. ... Let me not limit my quiet time with You, lest I miss out on what Your Holy Spirit has uniquely for me! ... Let me not be afraid if I feel becalmed; let me learn to wait until the breath of the Holy Spirit fills my sails and I set forth on a course, secure in the knowledge that it is the one You have chosen for me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may not be so occupied in expressing my judgment of others, that I will forget to live in thy judgment myself. May I have the compassion for others that I hope to receive from thee. Amen.

God our Father, each of us can rejoice at all that is good about ourselves. We ask that we may be people who encourage others, being ready to give praise and thanks when they are due. We ask, too, that you help each of us today to work on changing for the better just one thing that is negative in the way we live. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that You care for me. Forgive me when I fail to trust You and try to take matters in my own hands. Lord, I know that You have the best plan for my life. Please give me the grace to accept it and to do the things that You are speaking to me about each day. Lord, help me to be patient as You work in other people's lives that affect mine. May I extend to them the same grace and mercy that You have extended to me. Lord, grant me the grace to change the things in my life that are not pleasing to You. I do delight in You, knowing that Your plan for my life is being worked out according to Your will and not mine. I ask this in the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

O Lord our God, grant that we may have fellowship with you every day. May our hearts be ready to fulfill your commandments and to do what you want in all things. Hear our prayer. Hear and answer when we pray for the nations, for the whole world, and let your holy will be done. Remember all who are in distress, and lead them on the right way. May we go with joyful hearts wherever you lead us. Your name will be our help, your glory will come, and the world will be full of your love, your power, and your splendor. Amen.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 27

For a Steady Mind While at Prayer

O Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time; and vanity of thought, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention to prayer. And if, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me to return to my purpose; so that I might not avert my heart from You, during the few precious moments I dedicate to talking with You.

And grant me this day, dear Lord, that You may never be completely out of my thoughts. Let me carry you as a voice to guide my every step as I slip down the path of this precious day, that I might always remember Your will, and lighten the world around me. Help me to make every moment of my day, every word from my mouth, a prayer, that I might live in Your presence. Amen.

O Lord, I know it is not within my power to map my life and plan my course. I commit my future plans to you – my education, whether I marry or remain single, my career, and my ministry. When I make a decision contrary to your will, correct me with justice, and lead me in paths of righteousness for your name’s sake. Thank you, Lord for directing my steps. Just as a mother and father are thrilled when their children take their first steps, You delight in each step I take. When I walk, my steps will not be hampered; when I run, I will not stumble in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for Your love and patience toward me. Help me to extend that same love and patience to others. Help me to be a kind and loyal person in all of my circumstances. Open my eyes to see my own faults so that I might present them to You for the needed changes. Forgive me for wrong attitudes, and change my heart to be like Yours. I release all those who have caused me pain and trouble to Your care. Be merciful to them and help them to change also. Lord, give us all Your grace and mercy in this hour. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord God, help us to be holy as you are holy, and free us from all the earthly things that try to torment us. Grant us your Spirit so that we do what is right. May we always hold your hand confidently. Protect your children everywhere on earth, and help them do what is right even if the whole world does what is wrong. Help us, so that all we do becomes holy and pleasing in your sight. Let your grace grow among us and among the nations, and let your hand be strong to bring in your day, your day when everything is made new. May your name be kept holy, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 28

Prayer for Guidance

Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart. Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.

The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in you all this day, oh Christ, so that when you appear I may have confidence and not shrink from you in shame at your coming. For I know that you are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in you. Amen.

God, you called me into fellowship with your Son Jesus Christ my Lord and you are faithful. You called me to this through the gospel that I might share in the glory of my Lord Jesus Christ. You saved me and chose me for this holy work not because I deserved it but because that was Your plan long before the world began–to show Your love and kindness to me through Christ Jesus. Thank You for calling me; You are faithful to confirm Your word with signs and wonders for Your glory. I love You, my Lord God, with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind (intellect), and I shall love my neighbor as I do myself. Jesus, you are Lord! Amen

Lord, may peace with justice come to our world, but let peace and justice start with the way each of us lives this day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I praise You today for Your greatness!! Create in me a heart that will always believe You and trust in Your Word. I do want to always have the "fear of the Lord" in my heart. I then will not have to fear any man or what any man would do unto me, as You are greater than all men. Thank you for Your many promises of provision and protection throughout Your Word. I claim them for my life and for those in my family. Deliver me from any doubt and unbelief that would keep me from receiving all that You have promised me in the Bible. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord God, help us to be holy as you are holy, and free us from all the earthly things that try to torment us. Grant us your Spirit so that we do what is right. May we always hold your hand confidently. Protect your children everywhere on earth, and help them do what is right even if the whole world does what is wrong. Help us, so that all we do becomes holy and pleasing in your sight. Let your grace grow among us and among the nations, and let your hand be strong to bring in your day, your day when everything is made new. May your name be kept holy, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 29

Prayer for Purity of Worship

Almighty God, unto whom all hearts are open, all desires are known, and from whom no secrets are hidden: Cleanse the thoughts of my heart by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that I may perfectly love you and worthily praise your holy name. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Father, it seems that we never have enough. But I’m here today to ask you to deliver me from financial bondage – from this debt that I’ve accumulated over the years. Forgive me for robbing you of my tithe, and I admit that I’ve been so consumed with my own needs that I haven’t thought about blessing anyone else. I release my faith in You asking the Holy Spirit to help me stand by your promise to supply all my need according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. You are a very present help in trouble, and You are more than enough. I submit to the constant ministry of transformation by the Holy Sprit, and purpose to pray for others who are in debt. Just as you did for Job, you will turn this captivity, and bless me that I might be a blessing to others. In the name of Jesus, I worship You only, and I will have no other gods before me. Amen.

Dear Lord, when I find myself in serious opposition to another's thinking, be it a spouse, a relative, companions at work or church, friends or others, help me to realize that You do not want me to give up my convictions when they are in accordance with Your Word; rather You do expect me to show "Christian love" -- kindness, friendliness, and understanding. ... However, You expect me to make the first move toward reconciliation! You want me to do what I can to restore broken relationships! Help me to do this, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for helping me in my relationships with others. I desire to be kind and gentle in my dealings in situations that require me to take corrective measures. Help me to hear Your voice as to how to deal with unpleasant situations, whether it be with my children or those at work that I must manage. May I treat others as kindly as possible every day. Lord, I do not want to use my position of authority in the wrong way, but in a way that will be an example to others of Your Spirit in my life. Thank you, for teaching me things I need to know and may I always have a teachable spirit. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord God, we glorify your name. How we wish our voices could ring out over all the world, telling of the great things you have done for us, praising you that we can come to you in Jesus Christ, that we can worship, honor, and thank you for all your goodness! Safeguard all your children so that they hold to faith and remain true to the message of the gospel. May we thank and praise you for all you have done this day and for your working in the hearts of many people who are still unknown to us. Your Spirit rules and calls people, to bring them to you, the Father in heaven. Watch over us and continue to bless us. Help us who belong to your people, and protect us through the night. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 30

Let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you are the resurrection and the life. Your resurrection power is in me, and I am appointed and anointed by you to abound in eternal work for your Kingdom. My victory is assured as I walk uprightly before you. No good thing will you withhold from me! I am accomplishing great exploits for your kingdom, and the best is yet to come, in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Dear Lord, could it be that You want me to make the first move in restoring a broken relationship because You know that for one, like me, to withdraw and leave another harboring resentments will cause each of us to suffer. Not only will I feel withdrawal from those in opposition to my words, but I will also feel estranged from You! ... Remind me that You desire Your Holy Spirit to flow through me to others! ... You want me to be Your Christian representative every day, not just on Sundays! You want me to live Your message by my example! With Your help, I know that I can.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

My Father, help me to see that in my portion of work thou hast entrusted me to help further thy kingdom. Correct me if I am wrong in interpreting thy way. May I concentrate my mind and make my heart and hands do the work which thou hast given for me to do. Amen.

Lord, may I become more aware of your presence in my life. May I discover that you do walk with me each day of my life, accompanying me in darkness as well as in light, in sadness as well as in joy. May your Spirit lead me to trust and come to know that you keep your word and are always faithful and loving. I place myself and my future into your hands. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.
Post New ThreadReply