Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2016, 06:41 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Wisdom for Today
The most important job we have in recovery is to remain completely abstinent from all mood-altering chemicals. Without abstinence, all of our hard work is for nothing. Once we go back to drinking or using, a terrible cycle is set in motion. The truth is that for those of us who have relapsed, we really have no idea why we did it. We may come up with reasons or excuses, but the truth is that when we look deep into our heart, we really have no idea what took us back to drinking and using. Those reasons or excuses may satisfy us for brief period of time, but in the long run why we went back to the insanity makes no sense of all.
At some point in time we all crossed the line. We no longer are normal drinkers or normal users. We have to come to grips with the fact that we have no power to stop our desire. We have no control. When it comes right down to it, we’re powerless. We drink or drug simply because we’re addicted. Abstinence is our first goal but it is not the only one. We soon find out that we have to change our way of living. We discover that we need to change and need to learn to live life differently. We find out that if we want to be happy, we can never go back. There is no problem that we have that drinking or using drugs won’t make worse. Am I satisfied that I have crossed the line?
Meditations for the Heart
When you stop to think about the beauty that was brought out of the chaos of the beginning to this world, and the Power that made all this happen, it is truly amazing. It is this Power that can bring beauty out of the chaos of our addiction. It is this Power that tells the rose when it is time to bloom. It is the same power that tells us what it is time to grow and blossom in our recovery. It is this Power that paints the palettes of our seasons. This same power paints the palettes of our lives. Out of the darkest winters of addiction, He leads us into the light of the new spring. Out of the darkness of our lives, He brings new order and inner peace. This is the gift that is given to us all through His grace. We do nothing to deserve this grace, yet it is given to us freely. Sometimes I ask myself what I should do with this wonderful gift. The only answer for this question is to do what my Higher Power wants the to do with this gift. I need to cherish this gift called recovery and value it more than any other gift I have. Do I value this gift called recovery?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today I asked that you help me out of any chaos that remains in my life. Help me to find the gift of inner peace. Teach me to grow in the ways that only You know. Help me to grow a wonderful garden in my life. Teach me to share the flowers that bloom in my garden with others. Let me walk through this day being fully convinced that I have crossed the line and can never go back.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply