Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

Wisdom for Today
Without question, addiction is a very strange disease. One would think that we could stop the insanity on our own, but we cannot. Willpower has proven ineffective. No matter how strong our determination, there is nothing we can do about our desire to drink or use drugs simply by putting our mind to it. Self knowledge will do us no good either. Even if it were possible to figure out why we do what we do, we still are not able to stop the insanity of the disease. All the knowledge and all the desire have proven to fall short time after time. It is as if there is some strange mental blank spot that keeps us from knowing what to do. It is as if there is some inner flaw that we cannot detect that keeps us trapped.
Yet through simple steps we are set free. We cannot hang on to that last flicker of conviction that somehow, someway we will get it right. We must let go of such things as determination, conviction, knowledge or desire being a way out. We must grab onto spiritual principles and recognize that this and this alone can solve our problem. We are completely helpless apart from Divine help. We cannot ask for a cure, as one does not exist. We can only ask for a strong defense. This comes to us from a Power Greater than ourselves. Here and here alone can we find hope, strength, courage and wisdom. Our faith in these spiritual forces is our defense. We must put into action the steps necessary to find freedom. Have I accepted the spiritual answer of action through the steps?
Meditations for the Heart
This program of recovery is a program of action. Yet all the action we must take requires energy and will fatigue us if we do not also rest and recharge. Each of us needs to find ways to rest along the way in our journey. It is only when we rest that glad work can follow. It is only when we are recharged that our energy for this work is renewed. So where do we find this rest? Where do we go to be recharged? God says, "Come to Me and I will give you rest." So this is where I turn when I grow tired in the journey. In prayer we can turn to our Higher Power and seek rest. In allowing others to help us along the way, we become recharged. We give our energy to the work of recovery, and we rest. We receive energy from God and others when we ask for help. God's Spirit is always available to us to strengthen a tired mind or body. We can rest in His arms, and we can find strength. We gain energy for the new day in communion with others. This is why we go to these meetings. Have I found it safe to rest in His arms? Am I recharged for the journey by attending meetings and talking with others?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I pray that this energy I receive will make me effective in the work You want me to do. Grant me strength for the journey before me today. Let me use the spiritual tools I am given. Grant me needed rest as I walk this path and encourage me to move back into action when I need to. Let me be free on self-will and seek only to follow Your direction for me this day.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply