Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 16

Wisdom for Today
There is wide variation in the way that we approach this concept of a spiritual life. Each one of us has our own concept of a Higher Power and how he works for us in recovery. We do not need to agree with what everyone else’s concepts are; we only need to formulate our own understanding. This is not to say that we cannot learn from others what works for them and incorporate this into what works for us. Whether or not we agree with others concept is of little importance for us as
individuals. What does matter is that we put aside any prejudice or judgment and simply open ourselves to growing along spiritual lines. To be sure there are questions that each of us needs to answer in our spiritual search. It is doubtful that we will suddenly see a bright light and have all the answers we need. Growth is a process that occurs over time.

One thing is for sure: Those of us who have opened the door to the concept of a Power Greater have seen miraculous things happen. We find that we are able to do things that before used to baffle us. We see things happen in our life in recovery that we cannot fully explain. To say that these things are mere coincidence falls way short of the mark. We experience a miraculous change in our thinking and our way of living, and it works. If this were mere coincidence, why then
does it happen for all addicts and alcoholics who completely give themselves to this simple program? Am I seeing miraculous changes in my life?
Meditations for the Heart
Rumination can be the ruin of the soul. When we spend time dwelling on every mistake, every fault, and every failure of the past, it is far too easy to then proceed into shame, guilt, remorse and contempt for self. These things indeed can be very destructive for our soul, and they also can be huge reasons to relapse. We need to make conscious decisions not to dwell on these issues. This does not mean ignore them, but it does mean that we must use the steps to bring healing to our past. We can learn to rely on our Higher Power’s help to rebuild our damaged self-esteem and lost self-respect. We need to open our minds and our hearts to His care for our brokenness. He can and will bring power, love, and healing to our soul. We simply need to open ourselves to this Divine Presence in our lives. In recovery we learn to respect ourselves again; and in doing so, we gain the respect of others as well. We cannot worry about the places where we fall down. We simply must arise again, brush the dirt off, and continue our journey. Am I keeping my eye on the goal?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Life is good when I stay focused on Your will for me today. Do not let me dwell in the past and give me courage to get back up again when I fall. Stay with me throughout this day, and keep me conscious of the goal.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply