Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 17

Wisdom for Today
Life has emergencies that come up. For those of us in recovery, we need to be especially cautious during these times. First of all, the program teaches us that we are responsible for our recovery. What this means is that we should be prepared for these difficult times. What will I do should an emergency occur? Who will I turn to? Where do I go for safety in these difficult times? All these questions and more need to be thought through and decisions made regarding our action plans should an emergency occur. If we wait until we are in a crisis and have no plans in place, we put ourselves at risk. If we are prepared and know what to do, we will find we are able to get through life’s difficult times.
Just as important is to stay focused after the crisis has past. It is in this time that we are more likely to let our guard down and falter in our responsible self-care. We handle the crisis and breath a sigh of relief. Then our addicted mind takes over and tells us to reward ourselves for a job well done. These tests in recovery are not always easy; and we can become frustrated, confused, and even frightened. It is easy to get wrapped up in the crisis or emergency and forget to take care of ourselves. Here especially we must hold on to the gift of our recovery and turn it over to the care of our Higher Power. He has promised that no matter how big the crisis, He would stand by us. Do I have good plans in place should everything suddenly get thrown out of whack?
Meditations for the Heart
My sponsor used to look at me and say, “This too shall pass.” He wanted me to know and trust that no crisis or emergency lasts forever. This was important information for me to have. However, it was his next line that always stuck with me. “It is what you do with it that will determine whether or not it gets complicated.” He talked to me at length about how my thinking, emotional response, and behavior would significantly impact how I made it through these tough times. He would go to say, “It can pass like a breeze in the night, or it can pass like a kidney stone; this in large part depends on you and what you do." He taught me how important it was to be in regular prayer with my Higher Power in these struggles. “Listen for His wisdom,” he would say. “Use the tools and stay close to the program.” Use the slogans, the steps, whatever you need to to get through the tough times; and you will be made stronger because of it. I am grateful for these words. Do I have good advice and suggestions that I listen to?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Sometimes life takes strange turns. Some of these seem unfair and others seem to overwhelm me. I am grateful to know that no matter what the emergencies in my life might be, You are always there for me to call on. Help me to make plans for these rough times in my life so that I am not caught off guard. Walk with me this day, and let me walk with you.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply