Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 18

Wisdom for Today
It took a while but I finally got used to the fact that I no longer live in crisis. For quit a while, I found recovery and working a program boring. I had become so used to living in crisis that I found living a normal life boring. Addiction to alcohol and drugs always had a way of creating a crisis in my life. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another. Even in early recovery I seemed to need to create a crisis in my life. It was as if I craved the uncertainty and excitement. Over time I began to realize that recovery meant a whole lot more than simply stopping drinking and using drugs. It was about changing lifestyle.
I began to recognize how my character defects continued to get me into trouble. I began to see how I continued to stir the pot and walk on the edge. As I settled into recovery and really began to work the steps, I began to experience less and less turmoil in my life. Things quieted down, and I began to experience less chaos in my life. I grew restless and bored. This was a dangerous time for me because I struggled with life going well. There was something about my personality that seemed to need to be in crisis. Yet in spite of myself, and only through the Grace of God, did I adjust and begin to enjoy life. The predictability and security of recovery and the program became a stable force in my life. Today I can walk through my day and not need to disrupt my Higher Power’s plans for me. Do I still need to create crises in my life?
Meditations for the Heart
We tried to carry the message to those who still suffered, and we practiced these principles in all our affairs. For each of us in recovery there will come a time when we will have the opportunity to share our experience, strength, and hope with others. And this is what the program asks of us. We do not turn from this responsibility, but instead welcome the opportunity. We tell our story and share what has worked for us, what didn’t, and where we hope to be by continuing our journey. By giving away what we have learned, we are able to keep it. We must be cautious not to attempt to carry the addict or alcoholic, only the message. It is then up to God to use our message to help the other person. Perhaps one of the best ways we do this is through our example. Step twelve asks us to become living examples of the program; to live the program in all that we do. When someone new to the program sees someone as a living example of the promises come true, it provides hope. We carry the message of hope to the newcomer. Am I willing to live as an example?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Thank you for helping me to find out that I no longer need to live in crisis. Help me this day to live as an example of the program. Let me continue to practice the principles of the program in all that I do. I have not yet achieved the goal, but I am on the way that leads to it. Let me be a messenger of hope to others.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply