Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 19

Wisdom for Today
Pride goes before the fall. This statement certainly can be true for the alcoholic or addict. When we allow ourselves to become filled with pride about our recovery, it is to easy to then begin to take credit for it. Certainly all of us in recovery put work into it, and it is only natural to feel good about the efforts we have made. But when we begin to take the credit and flaunt it, we forget how this thing called recovery really happened. It was not we alone who conquered this problem. The truth is that we never will be able to conquer it. We are only able to recover with the help of the program and our Higher Power. Yes, we all have met those individuals who say they quit on their own. This may be true, but it is also true that they never were addicted in the first place, or they have only become dry. Often times these individuals are not happy at all about being dry. They are an example of why we choose to use the steps, all twelve of them.
Yes, we certainly can feel positive about what we have done in recovery and the progress we have made. But we also need to remain humble and give thanks for the miracle that has occurred in our lives. Yes, we put effort into this miracle; but none of us can honestly say we did this on our own. Staying humble also brings us inner peace because we know that there is a Power Greater working in our lives. Staying humble also teaches us to look outside of ourselves for strength and courage. Do I continue to recognize the gift I have received?
Meditations for the Heart
With the program continuing to grow and the ever changing and expanding world of communication, it is now easier that ever to make connections with others who can help us. We forget how hard it was in the beginning for the founders of the program, who often times went days and weeks without talking to a fellow member of the program. Many could not afford the price of a phone call. Many had to travel long distances to get to a meeting. Perhaps the miracle of recovery was more evident then. I don't know, but what is certain is that we have no excuse for not being able to make these vital connections with others in the program. We indeed are very fortunate to be able to meet with or talk with others so freely. We can get all the support we need; all we have to do is ask. Still I know that asking for help is not always an easy thing to do. It goes against the very nature of addiction. It is a lesson we all must learn. Do I take advantage of the resources available to me for help?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Surround me with Your love and Your strength as I walk though this day. Grant me wisdom in the decisions I face in this day. Continue to provide me with courage as I need it, and let me remain willing to always reach out and ask for help. Remove from me any pride that would compromise my recovery, and let me walk humbly before You in all that I do.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply