Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 25

Wisdom for Today

In recovery, we all come to a point when we realize that we must do more than simply stay clean and sober. If we are going to stay clean and sober, we must also do a through personal housecleaning. Each of us carries things within ourselves that act as a block to growth. We find layer upon layer of garbage in our house that must be cleaned up. It is not enough to walk around abstinent and live in a house filled with garbage. It is also not enough just to sweep it all into a corner. We find that we must pick up the garbage and get rid of it. We must then go in and thoroughly clean the house we live in.

We must be honest in doing this housecleaning. We take stock of what is messed up and what can be salvaged from the mess. We find strengths, and we find weaknesses. We look honestly at the causes of this mess. We see that we are the number one reason. We find that our thinking emotions and behaviors have led us into this mess, and we are the one who must take responsibility to clean it up. Some want to avoid this step and find that to do this leads to chronic unhappiness. It is no fun to live in this mess. It is difficult to clean up, but we discover that we are worth the effort. We find freedom from resentment and anger, hopelessness, fear, and many other pieces of garbage that we do not need to live with. Have I taken steps to clean up the garbage in my life?

Meditations for the Heart

In running any race, it is important to keep your focus on the goal. It is no different in recovery. We stay focused on the goal in life that we hope to attain. We cannot be distracted by events in our life and loose sight of the goal. These distractions can seduce us into not finishing the race. As addicts and alcoholics we cannot afford to not finish the race. We take this race one step at a time and one day at a time. Our purpose is to finish this race. As we complete each step and as we live each day, we see that we are closer to the goal. Each step brings us new insights. Each step brings us new freedom. Each step brings us closer and closer to our goal. Sometimes we grow weary, and we face obstacles and distractions. In these times especially, we must look beyond and forward to our goal. Am I staying focused on what I need to do today to reach my goal?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Help me to see that accomplishing each step is not the goal. Let me complete each step with the knowledge that what I seek is what is promised. Let me rely on You today to keep me on track. Let me not be distracted or loose sight of my goal.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply