Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 26

Wisdom for Today
How big a part of my life is the program? Am I only involved on the fringes, or am I actively involved? Are meetings something I do occasionally and sometimes not at all, or do I attend meetings regularly? Do I structure time into my schedule to work on the steps, or do I simply ignore the steps? Do I have and utilize a sponsor, or do I just run my own recovery without input from someone who can lead and guide me? Do I take time to think about what I have heard in meetings or simply assume that I have heard it all before? Do I offer to let others know about the program who may need it, or do I look the other way and assume they will eventually find what they need? These are questions we all need to ask ourselves throughout our time in recovery?
Keeping the program and all that goes with it central in our lives is important. Ask an old-timer how they keep what the program offers, and they will tell you that they carry the program with them in all that they do? Many will say that the program has become the solid foundation for all their life. Still others will talk about how it is important to give it away in order to keep it. Regardless of how they say it, all are working to keep the program central in their lives. I am not sure when the program switched from just a way to stay clean and sober to a way of life, but I am glad that it has. I used to think that having this disease was a curse; now I see it as a blessing, for it teaches me how to live life abundantly. Am I keeping the program central in my life?
Meditations for the Heart
There is so much that can bring us down. Each of these things, whether they are failures, shortcomings, or mistakes, we bring to our Higher Power and lay them before Him. We learn not to dwell on these things, but to look for ways not to repeat them. We leave these things that bring us down into His caring hands. We rely on the Spirit to be our mediator with God. We allow this Divine Spirit to say what needs to be said and fix what needs to be fixed. This Spirit can and will help us to be reconciled; it is never too late for this to happen. It is when we learn to let go and rely on this Spirit to do for us what we can not do for ourselves, that we become right with our Higher Power. It is in this act of letting go that God smiles on us. In letting go, we are brought closer to Him. Am I willing to let go of what I cannot change and focus on what I can change?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
In order to keep the program central in my life, I know I must start with You. Let me not become lazy or arrogant or cavalier with my program. Help me to practice the principles in all that I do. Let me also rely on Your Spirit to bring me into reconciliation with You, so that I might walk closely with You and in Your Light. Give me wisdom and courage to change the things I can today.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply