Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2016, 07:07 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 30

Wisdom for Today
“…and practice these principles in all our affairs.” The twelfth step reminds us to practice what we do in all areas of our lives, with practice being the operative word. I recall as I was growing up, my parents always saying, “Practice makes perfect.” But this has not been my experience; in fact, in recovery I think a better statement would be practice makes progress. Practice never made anything I did perfect, but I know it made me better in sports. It made me better at many of the things I do. This is certainly the case with recovery. Over time, I have had my eyes opened as to how I could utilize the principles of the program throughout my life.
I have come to realize that there is very little in my life that I can control. I have learned to ask for help in many of the things I do, my work, my relationships, my faith, and my goals. I have learned to really look hard at myself and my role in what I do, my decisions, and my mistakes. I can use the program to help me in fixing or at least improving many of the situations I face each and every day. I have learned that I need to right my wrongs whenever I can, or at least do what I can in avoiding making the same mistakes over and over again. I have come to realize how important it is to be healthy in all that I do. Still I must practice, practice, and practice. This is how I will make progress in all areas of my life. Am I willing to apply and practice the principles of recovery in all that I do?
Meditations for the Heart
Life is sometimes funny. We can look at something over and over again and not see what is really there. This is certainly true for many of us in recovery. The reasons for this are many – denial, self-delusion, dishonesty, lack of awareness, and even our belief system. To be sure this is not a complete list, but certainly are major reasons that addicts and alcoholics walk through life with blinders on or with rose-colored glasses on. When we finally have our eyes opened and can see the reality of our life, we are given an opportunity for change. This is not always an easy choice to make. Sometimes it seems easier to fall right back into our old ways. This is not just true about our addiction, but also true about all of our life. The program tells us to deal with life on life’s terms. It also teaches us the value of honesty. It really is uncanny how we can fool ourselves, but I have come to believe that God reveals to us the errors in our perception, beliefs, and thinking. Do I see that my Higher Power presents me with opportunities for change throughout my life?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today I know that You will give me many opportunities for progress. Give me sight and strength to seize these opportunities. Let me practice what I know in all that I do. Let me take today and use it as an opportunity to learn new ways to live in a healthier way. Let me make the changes that You want from me. Help me to seek out Your direction for me in all that I do.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply