Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 29

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Meditation

[How we may know Christ more clearly.]

Prayer for Deliverance

Dear Lord, grant me, I beseech you, your divine helping grace. Endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering. I flee to you, my only hope and refuge, for relief and comfort, trusting to your infinite love and compassion; that in due time, you will deliver me from all the trials of this life and turn my distress into comfort. I rejoice in your mercy. I exalt and praise your holy name, oh Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and forever. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

DESTINY

Walk in your destiny trusting the Father God to direct your pathway. All things are possible to him who believes, and God has promised that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. God is your Strength and you are self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency (Philippians 4:13). With God all things are possible.

PRAYER OF AFFIRMATION

Though some trust in chariots (riches) and some in horses (materials things), I will remember the name of the Lord, my God. You shall cause me to be as Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken or moved off course, and I shall walk in paths you have ordained for me. LORD, you surround me from this time forth and forever. In Jesus’ name, I will reach the destination you have charted for me, Father, bringing great glory to your kingdom. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, when I come to a Red Sea experience in my life - no way around, or back, no way but through - remind me that "those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."* Help me, Lord, to learn to wait until all fear is gone, until Your peace floods my soul, until You tell me to "move on."

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (Isaiah 40:31 - NKJV)

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that I may be just and be given to kindness. May I be conscious of my virtues, and use them to overcome my faults. May I hear clearly thy call that I may be sure of the way as I lead others to duty and happiness. Amen.

God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior. Show me how to remove any prejudices so that I may appreciate individuals more for who they are. Inspire me to live in such a way that I may discover you in the people I will meet today. Amen

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart. Deuteronomy 6:4–6, RSV

Lord our God, we thank you that every day – through good days and through days that to us seem bad – we know that our lives are guided by your will, what you do and what you want. For this we thank you. We want to love you above everything in the world. Our hearts long for you, for you are our Father. We want to love and honor you with our whole lives. Lord our God, bring your order into the world. Help us at all times to do your will and to fulfill your commandments. Amen.

Dear Father, I am grateful for Your many blessings. Thank you for opening my eyes to Your truths and for Your many promises to me. I do want to become wiser, so help me to study and understand the Bible. Open my spiritual ears to hear the things I need to understand at this time. Thank you for the knowledge You have already given me, but I desire to know more, so that I might know You more. I want my relationship with You to be closer than ever before. Please give me the desire to pray more and to read the Bible more. Forgive me when I neglect these two very important things. Thank you for the promise of health for me. I receive that promise so that I might be about Your business. How wonderful You are to me and all of Your children. Keep my family and friends in Your health and bless them too. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 30

Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step.

Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future. And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity.

Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[What it means for God to be in charge.]

Prayer of St. Augustine

Look upon me, O Lord, and let all the darkness of my soul vanish before the beams of thy brightness. Fill me with holy love, and open to me the treasures of thy wisdom. All my desire is known unto thee; therefore perfect what thou hast begun, and what thy Spirit has awakened me to ask in prayer.

I seek thy face. Turn thy face unto me and show me thy glory. Then shall my longing be satisfied, and my peace shall be perfect. Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

Father, by the grace you have given me, I trust you and your promises. You said that you would never leave me nor forsake me. You are always with me, in every personal and business situation. Thank you for the Holy Spirit who is my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Teacher and Guide. Though fear arises, I will not be dismayed because you uphold me with your victorious right hand in Jesus’ name. You are my Helper. Amen.

Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. Isaiah 45:22-23,NIV

Lord God, we kneel before you and worship you, for you do mighty deeds in heaven and on earth and allow men to become your children and your servants. You have done great things for many people, enabling them to serve you, and you will do still more. For you have promised that the paths of men will be made straight. You have promised that all we do may be a service to you through Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, whom we follow. He will be revealed to the whole world, so that the nations will be called to serve you and your will may be done on earth as in heaven. Praised be your name, Lord our God! We open our hearts to you. We are yours. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving us instructions in the Bible on how to have a long and good life. Lord, I know that when I pray and ask You to watch over me and my loved ones, that You hear, and You answer my prayers. You are such a wonderful Father! I am grateful for Your love and watch care. I desire to walk in the pathway of life, so Lord, I would ask that You keep me on that path. Please warn me when I am straying, so that I do not get off the straight and narrow way. I realize that I can be blinded by my own desires and ideas, that at times, look good to me, but might not be good later on. Help me to today, not to be discouraged by what seems like a delay in the answer to my prayers. I know as I continue to look to You in faith, You will prevail in my behalf. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #33
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 31

Prayer at Daybreak (by Archimandrite Sophronios)

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in you, O God. I entreat you, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit. Bless this day which you give to me, your unworthy servant.

By the power of your blessing enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of your presence. By the power of your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters. This in Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Lord, I thank you for loving me. Right now I feel weary, but I choose to release my faith by acknowledging you as my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer and my Shield. Your Word is active, operative, energizing, and effective. I give thanks to you, my Lord, I sing praises to Your name, O Most High, I choose to show forth Your loving-kindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night for You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your works; at the deeds of Your hands I joyfully sing. The joy of the Lord is my strength, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to leave spaces in my days for quiet growth, for new ideas, for dreams and new insights, for new perspectives and directions, for listening for Your quiet voice, and sensing Your will for me. ... Let me not limit my quiet time with You, lest I miss out on what Your Holy Spirit has uniquely for me! ... Let me not be impatient, afraid of being becalmed; let me learn to wait until the breath of the Holy Spirit fills my sails, and I can set forth on a course, secure in the knowledge that it is the one that You have charted for me.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, show me how to live today with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

“A Prayer For Genuine Satisfaction”

Father, far too often our minds can be consumed with things that only money can buy which can also bring discontent for that which we already have. Help us to focus our hearts on that which has lasting value, that brings eternal dividends. As we lift our voice to You this day and turn our hearts toward Your unfailing love we find joy and satisfaction that will not be determined by the events or non-events of this day. When human love is fleeting or disappoints help us to look to Your unfailing love which satisfies. We want to listen carefully to You, eat what is good, and delight ourselves in Your abundance. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch. Isaiah 62:1, NIV

Lord our God, we worship you, for you come to meet us everywhere and you reveal your glory on our earth. May we become worthy of you, people who can represent you with our whole being. Give us the strength to endure, even through struggles and temptations. Be merciful to us at all times through Jesus Christ our Savior. May we remain body and soul in his hands, that at last we may come to you, our Father in heaven, as your true children, reborn through the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dear Father, give me peace, hope and joy. Help me share these gifts with others so they may experience happiness.

“A Prayer For Family Harmony”

Father, You’ve created us as individual human beings and by Your design You placed us in families. Within one family unit there are many different personalities, giftings, and varying interests. Thank you for the important things we learn about sharing, assuming responsibility, working, loving, and forgiving. Help us to do our part in keeping our family of primary importance and taking the time to appreciate those dear ones who make up our family. It is a blessing that only You can give and it is a privilege that we must never take for granted. Make each of us a blessing as we give unreservedly of our love to one another. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Dear Father, Thank you for this beautiful day. As I breath in the fresh air, please help me never forget that each day is a gift.

Prayer for Forgiveness
don Miguel Ruiz
Today, Creator, grant me the courage and the will to forgive the people I love the most. Help me to forgive every injustice I feel in my mind, and to love other people unconditionally. I know the only way to heal all the pain in my heart is through forgiveness.

Today, Creator, strengthen my will to forgive anyone who has hurt me, even if I believe the offense is unforgivable. I know that forgiveness is an act of self-love. Help me to love myself so much that I forgive every offense. Let me choose forgiveness because I don’t want to suffer every time I remember the offense.

Today, Creator, help me to heal all the guilt in my heart by accepting the forgiveness of everyone I have hurt in my life. Help me to sincerely recognize the mistakes I have made out of ignorance, and give me the wisdom and determination to refrain from making the same mistakes. I know that love and forgiveness will transform every relationship in the most positive way.

Thank you, Creator, for giving me the capacity to love and forgive. Today I open my heart to love and forgiveness, so that I can share my love without fear. Today I will enjoy a reunion with the people I love most. Amen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply