Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for Security

by Gail Rodgers

“O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139

prayer to action this in my life:

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for this knowledge that You care so deeply and know me so intimately. I will trust in Your knowledge of me and in Your hand to guide me. Give me Your wisdom today. Hold on to me in my spinning world. Thank You for understanding me. You know me better than I know myself. Thank You for this comfort. Thank You that You are my trustworthy Father! I choose to trust You in my circumstances today!
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for a Friend

by Gail Rodgers

Colossians 1: 9-12

“For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to :

fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

And we pray this in order that you may:

live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way;
bearing fruit in every good work,
growing in the knowledge of God,
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience and
joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.”
Prayed in the strong name of Jesus, Amen.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer for God to Show Me His Ways

by Gail Rodgers

“Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.” Psalm 25:4 & 5

Father in Heaven,

Thank you for the promise and hope of Your word. Thank you that You can be counted on to guide me through my day. Today I need to walk in the hope that only You can give. My way is unclear, my path sometimes feels like it twists and turns in confusing and busy ways as I wind my way along my journey.

Show me Your ways, Lord. Show me how You would walk in these places. Teach me Your paths of grace and mercy and integrity and love. Help me to grasp Your ways so I can walk securely in them even in insecure places. I need Your perspective today.

Guide me in Your truth, Lord. With out Your Word active in my heart and mind I cannot know Your truth. Help me to make time to read my Bible. Help me to take time to think on it and let it penetrate my heart. Lord, Your Word will guide me as a beacon and a light. I need Your word to guide me. Forgive me when I have left it on the shelf or have simply grabbed a verse and run off for the day, quickly forgetting what I read.

Thank you that You promise to guide me and teach me as I let Your truth impact my heart and my mind.

Oh Lord, You are my Savior, my rescuer and my redeemer. You alone are the One who restores and renews my spirit and brings meaning to my life. You bless me. May my heart overflow with thanksgiving to You for Your hand in my life.

I will put my hope in you today, all day long. Remind me by Your Holy Spirit to look to You to guide me. Call me into Your quiet presence to think on Your truths and may I not be distracted. This is the oxygen of my soul. Thank you that You give the hope and help and peace I need today. Thank you that You never cease to call me to Yourself. Help me to respond afresh to Your presence in my life.

In Jesus’ strong name I pray, amen.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Walk With God All Day Long

by Gail Rodgers

“Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.” Psalm 25:4 & 5

Father in Heaven,

Thank you for the promise and hope of Your word. Thank you that You can be counted on to guide me through my day. Today I need to walk in the hope that only You can give. My way is unclear, my path sometimes feels like it twists and turns in confusing and busy ways as I wind my way along my journey.

Show me Your ways, Lord. Show me how You would walk in these places. Teach me Your paths of grace and mercy and integrity and love. Help me to grasp Your ways so I can walk securely in them even in insecure places. I need Your perspective today.

Guide me in Your truth, Lord. With out Your Word active in my heart and mind I cannot know Your truth. Help me to make time to read my Bible. Help me to take time to think on it and let it penetrate my heart. Lord, Your Word will guide me as a beacon and a light. I need Your word to guide me. Forgive me when I have left it on the shelf or have simply grabbed a verse and run off for the day, quickly forgetting what I read.

Thank you that You promise to guide me and teach me as I let Your truth impact my heart and my mind.

Oh Lord, You are my Savior, my rescuer and my redeemer. You alone are the One who restores and renews my spirit and brings meaning to my life. You bless me. May my heart overflow with thanksgiving to You for Your hand in my life.

I will put my hope in you today, all day long. Remind me by Your Holy Spirit to look to You to guide me. Call me into Your quiet presence to think on Your truths and may I not be distracted. This is the oxygen of my soul. Thank you that You give the hope and help and peace I need today. Thank you that You never cease to call me to Yourself. Help me to respond afresh to Your presence in my life.

In Jesus’ strong name I pray, amen.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Thirst for God

by Gail Rodgers

“O, God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You…” Psalm 63:1

Father in Heaven,

Thank you that You are my God. Thank you that through opening my life to You I received forgiveness and life through Jesus.

Lord, I confess that often I do not seek You. I run breathlessly seeking to accomplish so many things. I cry out for Your blessing on what I undertake. I beg for Your help when I lose my way. I want Your strength when mine is gone. And You so graciously provide for me in all these ways. Your invitation is wide open to come boldly to Your throne of grace to find mercy and help in my time of need.

Yet I know You have so much more for me…

You have that cool drink that will satisfy my thirsty spirit.

You desire to lead me beside quiet waters and wash the dust off my soul.

You have joy to infuse into my being as I come to You in quiet contemplation of all You are.

To you, O God, I lift up my soul right now.

Restore to me the joy of knowing You.

Renew in me the commitment to spend time letting Your word soak into my heart and mind.

Refresh me with new understand of Your goodness and mercy in my life.

Refuel my soul with the filling and power of Your Holy Spirit.

Keep my heart thirsty for You, Lord and help me to seek you with my whole

heart. I love You Lord and I thank You for Your loving hand on my life.

In Jesus’ name I give You thanksgiving and praise as I come thirsty, amen.
Post New ThreadReply