Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Morning Prayer

Quote:
One day at a time I seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with You, God. I am fully appreciating how important You are in my life, I am aware of You and want to be more aware of You, because I am fully interested in You in my life. I know a relationship with You is possible in which we are in constant communication throughout the day, so this is what I desire.

(CONSCIOUS: fully appreciating the importance of something, aware of and interested in, I'm conscious of all you've done for us. CONTACT: a state or relationship in which communication happens or is possible)

I pray only for knowledge of Your will for me and the power to carry that out. God, show me Your will for me. Give me Your inspiration. So Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit.

God, direct my thinking. May it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Help me to love others, as much as You love me.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable unto You my God.

Father, keep me abstinent. Help me not to eat compulsively, drink or use any mind altering chemicals. Lord make me willing to stay abstinent, help me be satisfied with what I need of food to sustain my health, and remove any obsessions from me towards drugs, alcohol, food, sex, or people pleasing. Burn the idea into my consciousness that I can get well regardless of anyone. No person on this earth can stop my recovery from my addictions and restoration to sanity, or prevent me from being supplied with whatever is good for me.
The only condition is that I trust in You, clean house and help others where I can.

Help me be a loving and compassionate person, to enjoy my relationships and to be enthusiastic about life and enjoy living. Help me be strong and confident, yet gentle and loving, aware of the needs and feelings of others.

I love doing Your will. Help me be successful and effective healthy and growing. Help me willingly accept the things in life I cannot change and eagerly change the things I can.

Help me to like and respect myself. I know that I am a valuable person and that You love me God. Thank you that I have a close personal relationship with You, God and You are always with me. This is because of Your unconditional love, because of Christ’s death and Resurrection, and not of my own merit. I trust You.

God, show me all through the day what my next step is to be. Give me whatever I need to take care of any problems that arise. Grant me freedom from self-will.

Today I humbly ask you Jesus for the grace to find the space between my impulse and my action; to let flow a cooling breeze when I would respond with heat; to interrupt fierceness with gentle peace; to accept the moment which allows judgment to become discernment; to defer to silence when my tongue would rush to attack or defend. I promise to watch for every opportunity to turn toward You my Lord for guidance.

As I go through the day help me remind myself that I am no longer running the show. I will be then in much less danger of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity, or foolish decisions and I will become much more efficient. Let me see these thing cropping up when they happen. Let me talk to You, then another person about these, then turn to help someone else in need.

Remind me of who I want to be when I want to take the wrong actions.

Show me how I can add to the stream of life, give me opportunities. Show me how I can help the person who is still sick.

It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on my laurels. I am headed for trouble if I do, for addictions are a subtle foe. I am not cured of my addictions. What I really have is a daily reprieve. Every day is a day when I have to carry the vision of Your will into all of my activities. "How can I best serve Thee - Thy will (not mine) be done." These are thoughts which must go with me constantly.

Thank you God, amen

godsjem
If I have trouble with the willingness, I ask for the willingness to be willing, (I will to will thy will, not mine). Today I prayed and asked for help. I got the message, listen to the messenger. So often I get the words but discount them and think of them as my words, instead of words coming from my Higher Power. I heard the words, I followed the good orderly direction, and a long time problem seems to have been solved. When you live in the solution instead of the problem, the way through things become clear.

That space for me is the gift of recovery and what recovery is all about. That moment in time which allows us to say "yeah" or "nay" and gives us the freedom of choice as to which direction we choose in today. Just for today, I choose not to use.

Hugs not drugs for me!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply