Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Being a Burden Lifter

Being a Burden Lifter

You would think I would get the hang of packing for the airlines after a few trips, but it only seems to be moving from bad to worse. After each trip I make mental notes: 1) Do not pack that item again, you didn’t use it anyway. 2) Don’t forget these items, it would have been nice to have them along. The last two trips my suitcase came back to me marked with an orange tag: HEAVY Get Help To Lift.

Now, I knew my suitcase was heavy, but was it really necessary to inform all my fellow travelers standing around the carousel?

Wouldn’t it be helpful if hurting people were as easily identifiable as tagged suitcases? They know their burdens are heavy. Sometimes so heavy they can hardly lift themselves out of bed in the morning. But how can others know they are hurting? Maybe these people, maybe you and I, should begin clearly marking our oppressive days with an orange tag: HEAVY BURDENS Need Help to Lift!

There’s no guesswork in the Bible on if we should help carry each other’s burdens. Galatians 6:2 commands us to do so, Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

The question is how do we obey that command without the use of orange tags identifying those who need help with their heartaches and burdens? Let’s again go to the Bible for God’s Word on burden lifting.

Ask the Holy Spirit to clothe you with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Colossians 3:12). Have the attitude of Christ, looking not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others (Philippians 2). Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God (Ephesians 5:1-2).

Would orange tags make it easier to identify the hurting people in your corner of the world? It certainly would. But is it the best option? No, God always provides the best way. Follow God’s commands for burden lifting, imitate Christ’s example in how He reached out to others, and let the Spirit lead and guide as you go about the task you’ve been called to: being a burden lifter for others.

Today’s Prayer:
Father God, thank You for Your word on burden lifting. Please help me to see the burdens that people are carrying. Give me eyes to see where the needs are. Give me ears to hear the cries of hurting people. Give me love that reaches out in compassion and understanding. I want to imitate Jesus. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

By Lenae Bulthuis
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply