Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

Loved by God Part 30 - Live as Children of Light

by Gail Rodgers
The darkness settled like a blanket over the land. To experience 24 hour darkness, in a far North community, was a new experience for me. A deep respect grew in my heart for the people who live there year around and simply take it in stride.

But when the light comes there is rejoicing! “The sun is back!” exclaimed an email yesterday! The days will lengthen rapidly now and in 4 short months the land that was shrouded in total darkness will experience total light. Children will run and play in the streets at midnight with the sun high in the sky. With the light comes new life to the village. With the light comes a freedom to run and play without the heavy clothes of winter and the fear of polar bears in the shadows.
Light dispels darkness. It reminded me of a Bible verse about this very thing:
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.” Ephesians 5: 8
If you have received the forgiveness Jesus holds out to each one of us and have invited Him into your life, you have moved from darkness into Light. Are you living today as a child of light?
Have you shed the heavy parka of guilt and shame? Have you kicked off the boots that make your feet feel leaden as you go your own way? Are you still wearing winter mittens that cause your hands to fumble as you try to do what God wants? Does your life feel encumbered by fear that came from the darkness but has no place now in the light?
As a child of the light you are called to freedom; freedom to run and play and dance in the Son. Freedom that comes as you ask daily to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Freedom to be who God created you to be and fulfilled in the very depths of your soul.
Ask Him today to fill you afresh with His Spirit. Ask Him today to help you shed the heavy clothes of winter that drag you down. He can help you break that habit or overcome that discouragement. He can give you wisdom and open new paths for your feet. He can help you rise above the fears you still carry of shadows in the dark. His Holy Spirit can fill you with His power to live life far beyond your own very best efforts. Today live as children of the light!
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
I need your Holy Spirit to help me live and walk today. Today I invite Your Holy Spirit into my life in a fresh and new way. I ask for Your help in understanding how to shed the heavy winter gear and the fears that linger so I can live in freedom. Fill me today, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, with everything I need for every step I take. Today I want to live as a child of the Light. Thank you that in You this provision is possible.
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply