Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 12/6

God never, ever forgets even one of us.

God waits with us through our grieving until joy returns.

God calls us to welcome all people as our family.

When we welcome others, we honor God.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." --Robert Brault

Give thanks for your blessings, be they big or small - each one is special, and we should count them all.

God's love, like the ocean, "With eternal patience and tireless regularity it gives itself." --John Dean

God loves us so much Just as we are, But God loves us too much To leave us just as we are.

Magic Mirror by Sally I. Kennedy
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12
“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?” In the Disney children’s classic, the magic mirror always told the wicked queen that she was the fairest in the land. Until Snow White asked. Then the magic mirror became a reflection of truth.
What if we had a magic mirror like that? It might reveal things about us we’d rather not see, and face up to. Perhaps we would view things as they really are, not as we’d rather they be.
I’ve a long list of questions to ask in heaven. I suspect many others do too. One day the questions will be answered. We will understand. Meantime, while on this earth, we can each be a mirror and “magically” supernaturally reflect the love of God.
St. Paul says, in 2 Corinthians 3:18, “And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.“
Lord, today may others see Your kindness and Love, mirrored in me, through Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name. Amen

Special Places
The king will say to those at his right hand, . . . "I was a stranger and you welcomed me." Matthew 25:34-35
"THEY didn't seem to have room for us," Amy said, referring to a large church her family had visited while looking for a church home.
Churches are sacred, special places -- places where people gather to celebrate God's glory, join in prayer for various needs, and fellowship one with another. But churches can also ostracize newcomers. Sometimes without meaning to exclude anyone, we are guilty of staying within our established groups. Many will go up to visitors, shake hands, say a word of welcome, and then leave it at that. Is that enough?
Even though Amy wasn't referring to the church my family attends, it still made me think. When was the last time I reached out to someone with the love of Christ in some concrete way? I couldn't remember the last time I telephoned a visitor to our church or invited a family to dinner or baked them a batch of cookies just to say, "Welcome!"
When the new year begins, let us each try to reach out to newcomers. We do this not for us or even for our church - it is for the glory of God! --Laura M. Dabbs

Like Sardines
See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are. 1 John 3:1
TABLE fellowship is a wonderful part of God's plan. When those who love Christ and love one another gather around a table for a meal, something rather incredible happens: They become family.
Recently I had the pleasure of experiencing this firsthand. After a wonderful worship service, some members of our church went out together for dinner. There were nearly 40 of us, and we filled an entire section of the restaurant. We were pressed together like sardines -- laughing, talking, eating, and joking. I paused to look around me, a smile creeping across my lips. I couldn't help but notice how different we were from one another.
However, in that moment we were truly family. A rather odd-looking assortment of folks to be from one family, to be sure, but that's exactly what we were. It didn't seem to matter that we were of different sizes, shapes, and colors; in that moment of table fellowship, we were one. That is exactly what Christ calls us to be and to foster -- family, united in all things, taking care of one another. What an awesome responsibility, and what a pleasure! --Janice Thompson

Remember Me?
Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me. Isaiah 49:15-16
OVER 800 miles lay between my home and my daughter's home, so frequent visits were impossible. At the end of my most recent visit, I planned to leave early in the morning. I wrote a note saying goodbye to my grandchildren and drove away before dawn.
After the initial shock of finding me gone, my five-year-old granddaughter walked around the house for several hours with the note cradled in her arms. Finding her mom, she announced with obvious joy, "Grammy never forgets me. She always knows who I am."
The idea of my forgetting who my granddaughter is seems ludicrous. Yet how often do I worry that God has forgotten me? Sometimes the people we see only now and again do indeed forget us. Sometimes age and illness can make us forget even our most beloved. But God never forgets us. How comforting in a lonely and scary time to fully embrace the joy we have in God, our creator and savior, who knows us! God will never forget who we are, now or in the life to come. --Lynn Fulton

Who's on your throne?
They lay their crowns before the throne and say: "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you
created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." (NIV) Revelation 4:10-11
No "thing". . . no person. . . is worthy to sit on the throne in Heaven, but God.
What is on the throne of your life? your house? your money? your job? a promotion? a car? your body? your health? a position? a
possession? power over others? prominence?
Who is on the throne of your life? a spouse? a friend? a parent? a boss? a protector? a provider? a boyfriend? a girlfriend? a
leader? a boss? a president? a celebrity? a pastor? a pro sports hero? a positive role model?
What or whom sits on the throne that you worship or that your life revolves around? Remember, nothing and no one is worthy of
our worship, but God! --Marji "Mike" Kruger

I'M TOO BUSY FOR THAT!
I'm sitting here trying to write. I say "trying" to write, because it's very difficult for me to write in my current position and situation.
You see, I have a kitten in my face. She has her razor-sharp little kitten claws dug into my shirt (and the skin just beneath), just below the collar... and her nose is right at my lip-level. In fact, if I open my mouth wide, she'll actually attempt to put her head in my mouth (I think she wants my breakfast). On top of that, this sweet, not-so-little kitten who answers to the name "Wookie" is purring so loud that it sounds like a chain saw convention in here.
And, she just doesn't understand that daddy has to get this writing done so he can go to work. She doesn't see that as an important priority. What she sees is her daddy, whom she loves dearly, and wants to snuggle with. She doesn't want to sit in her usual place on the back of my chair and watch me type, nor will my lap suffice at this moment of time. She wants my undivided attention, busy or not -- and she's about to get it.
I'll be back in a while.
Well, that was a wonderful little snuggle-fest. Wookie enjoyed several minutes of my undivided attention, and I have to admit that, even though it's made me a little behind schedule, I enjoyed those few minutes thoroughly. Wookie is now curled up on my lap in a little ball of white and black fur, sound asleep and smiling. She likes curling up in her daddy's lap almost as much as daddy likes having her there.
It's a sad commentary, but nevertheless true -- sometimes, we get so busy doing "stuff" for God that we don't have time for Him. We're out here doing all sorts of great work -- teaching great Sunday School lessons, or making great music, or even preaching great sermons -- and we're so busy working for God that we're too busy to sit down in our heavenly Daddy's lap and enjoy just being with Him, without any agenda but to enjoy His presence.
In case it's slipped your mind, let me remind you that God enjoys having us climb up in His lap and just be with Him. He longs for us to just spend time with Him. And the fact is that we'll be a whole lot more productive with all the "stuff" that we do in His name if we take a little time and just BE with Him, and let Him de-stress us and give us new inspiration and new ideas and recharge our batteries. He might even want to pick a few fleas off of us and give us some new insight into our circumstances -- but He can't do that for us if we don't take the time to be with Him.
Are you so busy serving God that you don't have any time for Him? Come on, climb up in his lap. There's plenty of room up there. Couldn't you use a little lap time with your heavenly Daddy? --Dan Case

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Look how far you have come! The difficulties that you have endured and overcome have instructed you and driven you to find Me in a more meaningful and concrete way. Your days of trouble are not to be disdained; they are to be recognized as a necessary part of your growth process. Don't lament, says the Lord. Rejoice for where you are now and where I will take you from here. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

To those who believe they have to be elaborate and extraordinary to be appreciated, I say that the way of the Spirit is humility and simplicity. As you come more completely into divine order, I will be with you to help you simplify many aspects of your life and circumstances. This process will be beneficial in your desire to give yourself wholly to Me, says the Lord. Let Me bring you to perfection. Matthew 5:48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Keep yourself and refuse to allow emotional responses to rule. As you face various challenges, you will also find opportunities to choose to either let your carnal nature react or to walk in the Spirit. Choose wisely, says the Lord, and let Me rule and reign in your heart. Allow My nature to shine through you into the darkness that surrounds you. Proverbs 4:20-26 My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established.

In a vision I saw myself running and jumping with renewed life and vigor. I also had acquired a white horse that, even though it was full sized, was just weaned from its mother. This horse was ready to get out of its enclosure and run. It was just waiting for a good opportunity to escape its limited space. And, I heard the Lord say, "Get ready to run! Leave behind the things and places that have represented restriction and bondage, and be free! Be aware of the wind of My Spirit as you are propelled into an era of rejuvenation." Psalm 19:4-5 Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices like a strong man to run its race."

You are going to experience a sharp learning curve, for I am teaching you and showing you new things that will be necessary in the days ahead. Be flexible and willing to go where I direct you and do what is before you in the way of progression. Never doubt for a moment that I am with you every step of the way and that I will give wisdom when you ask, says the Lord. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Let My peace be the constant in your life so that when peace is disturbed you make the proper adjustments. Spiritual reality must be your priority rather than the chaos of the world and world systems. Peace will be the result of putting your trust in Me, says the Lord. Know that I am for you and with you to bring you through every difficulty. Stay close. Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

You must do the work required to come into order in every phase and function of your life. I have provided the avenue for you to be in My flow spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and in your circumstances, but you have to do your part and cooperate with My work. This requires concentrated effort and spiritual focus, which you are well able to do if you want to, says the Lord. Be diligent. John 7:38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Hear My voice today and know that I have instructed you. I have called you forth for such a time as this, so that you may accomplish My perfect will as I lead you and guide you into the fullness of this season. Pay attention, My people, to the signs that come. Pay attention to those things that I highlight. Pay attention to the written Word when it becomes illuminated to you, for it will lead you as a light that shines in the Tabernacle itself. Receive the anointing that I am bringing. Allow that anointing to rest upon you like a mantle. Let it become part of who you are. Let the anointing engage you personally so that it overlays the whole of your mind set and your attitudes. Then, those things that I bring to your attention must be quickly dealt with under the power of My anointing. Become My anointed one, and I will lead and guide you. I will provide for you, heal, and strengthen you. I will do all of these things that I have promised you by way of My covenant. Victory is assured, says the Lord God, Most High.

Closer than a touch on your skin,
deeper than a breath you draw in,
stronger than a hurricane wind,
is the dwelling of God within.
--Terri

Star So Bright
Twinkle, twinkle, star so bright,
Leading with its guiding light,
Shining down for all to see,
A child is born in Galilee.
An angel told the shephards there,
About the child, the clothes He'd wear,
Though He is King, it is the Law,
You'll find Him in a bed of straw!
The people all began to shout'
And find this child they'd heard about,
They saw the star up in the sky,
And knew they'd find Him by and by.
The three Wise Men had traveled far,
To see this child, under the star,
The gifts they gave of wealth untold,
The Love they found, more precious than gold.
For God loves each and every one,
And so He sent His precious son,
To live and die on Calvary,
He gave His life for you and me.
--Sharlett Hunt 12/2/03

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may remain with you forever--" John 14:16

In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD , the God of truth. Psalm 31:1-5

"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. David said about him: " 'I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.' Acts 2:22-28

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the f
amily of believers. Galatians 6:1-10

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." Mark 11:22-25

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Serve the Lord with joy; come before him with singing. Psalm 100:2

Praise the LORD , O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:1-5

Serve your Lord humbly and with genuine joy, and you will attract others to our Christ. Romans 10:2

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

He Is...
He is the strength that places your feet, one in front of the other, when you're too weary to walk another step.
He is the force Who guides you to move, when you want to curl up in a ball of tears and tiredness - and never move again.
He is the container that safely holds the shattered pieces of your heart, when you're too hurt to care what happens to them.
He is the clarity that removes the veil from your eyes and reveals a beloved child of God in every person you meet.
He is the weight of pain that won't allow you to turn your back on the suffering of others.
He is the counselor Who nudges you in the right direction at a fork in your life's road.
He is the confidante Who knows your greatest joy, your deepest sorrow, your every wish, your every dream, your every desire.
He is the friend Who is closer than two human beings are capable of being close.
He is the eternal ember that keeps your flame of hope alive.
He is the rush of wind that lifts your sense of self worth to staggering heights.
He is the weightlessness of joy, the happiness that bursts through the seams of your soul.
He is magnetic and He is magnificent.
He is the Comforter with within you.
He is - The Holy Spirit.
Terri McPherson

Lord help me to trust the journey that you have placed me on, knowing that every experience is a lesson you want me to learn for my good.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 28
Solomon Instructed to Build the Temple
1 Now David assembled at Jerusalem all the leaders of Israel: the officers of the tribes and the captains of the divisions who served the king, the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds, and the stewards over all the substance and possessions of the king and of his sons, with the officials, the valiant men, and all the mighty men of valor. 2 Then King David rose to his feet and said, “Hear me, my brethren and my people: I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the footstool of our God, and had made preparations to build it. 3 But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’ 4 However the Lord God of Israel chose me above all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever, for He has chosen Judah to be the ruler. And of the house of Judah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father, He was pleased with me to make me king over all Israel. 5 And of all my sons (for the Lord has given me many sons) He has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel. 6 Now He said to me, ‘It is your son Solomon who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be My son, and I will be his Father. 7 Moreover I will establish his kingdom forever, if he is steadfast to observe My commandments and My judgments, as it is this day.’ 8 Now therefore, in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of the Lord, and in the hearing of our God, be careful to seek out all the commandments of the Lord your God, that you may possess this good land, and leave it as an inheritance for your children after you forever. 9 “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever. 10 Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary; be strong, and do it.” 11 Then David gave his son Solomon the plans for the vestibule, its houses, its treasuries, its upper chambers, its inner chambers, and the place of the mercy seat; 12 and the plans for all that he had by the Spirit, of the courts of the house of the Lord, of all the chambers all around, of the treasuries of the house of God, and of the treasuries for the dedicated things; 13 also for the division of the priests and the Levites, for all the work of the service of the house of the Lord, and for all the articles of service in the house of the Lord. 14 He gave gold by weight for things of gold, for all articles used in every kind of service; also silver for all articles of silver by weight, for all articles used in every kind of service; 15 the weight for the lampstands of gold, and their lamps of gold, by weight for each lampstand and its lamps; for the lampstands of silver by weight, for the lampstand and its lamps, according to the use of each lampstand. 16 And by weight he gave gold for the tables of the showbread, for each table, and silver for the tables of silver; 17 also pure gold for the forks, the basins, the pitchers of pure gold, and the golden bowls—he gave gold by weight for every bowl; and for the silver bowls, silver by weight for every bowl; 18 and refined gold by weight for the altar of incense, and for the construction of the chariot, that is, the gold cherubim that spread their wings and overshadowed the ark of the covenant of the Lord. 19 “All this,” said David, “the Lord made me understand in writing, by His hand upon me, all the works of these plans.” 20 And David said to his son Solomon, “Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord. 21 Here are the divisions of the priests and the Levites for all the service of the house of God; and every willing craftsman will be with you for all manner of workmanship, for every kind of service; also the leaders and all the people will be completely at your command.”

Dear God, thank you for knowing us, loving us, and caring for us. Help us to live in ways that please you, serving you by loving and serving others. Thank you, God, for every opportunity you give us to share your goodness with others. Help us to be aware of these opportunities and to act on them.In Jesus' name. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply