Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 30

Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind. Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me. Amen.

Letting Go

Father, I glory in what Christ Jesus has done for me. I let go—put aside all past sources of my confidence—counting them worthless, in order that I may experience Christ and become one with Him. I unfold my past and put into proper perspective those things that are behind. I trust in You, LORD, with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I acknowledge You, and You will make my paths straight. Thank You, in the Name of Jesus. Amen. (Letting God of the Past, Prayers That Avail Much Commemorative Edition)

Philippians 3:7-9 TLB, Psalm 32:5; Philippians 3:13; Proverbs 3:5-6

My Father, I pray that thou wilt help me, that I may not consume my life in preparing clothes and food for my body. Amen.

Lord, you were given five loaves and two fish. I give you all that I have and all that I am, ready to be transformed. Amen

Focused on Goodness

Philippians 4:8-9

Dear Father, praiseworthy God,

Help me set my mind only on things that are true, that are noble, right, pure and lovely, things that are worthy of admiration.

If there is anything excellent or praiseworthy, O God, let me think only about such things!

Whatever I have learned or received or heard through your apostles and your word, help me to put into practice.

O God of peace, be with me in everything! I believe you will, for you have promised it.

I lovingly pray for your blessings and abiding presence in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Spiritual Satisfaction”

Father, as we go about the day to day living of eating, building, moving, buying, growing our families and settling down, earning a living we must be vigilant to keep You at the center of all our activity. Living for You is to be our main objective so that everything else falls into proper place. As these daily essentials are met we give thanks to You acknowledging that every single blessing comes from Your Hand. The vast majority place their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but we put our hope in You who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. We are satisfied and give You thanks through Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

Dear Father, I try very hard to do the right things and be successful. Please give me the wisdom so that I may go down the right path.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you that You are a just God and You will deal with the wicked in the world. Lord, I choose to forgive all of those who have done any evil toward me. Father, deliver them from being used of the devil. Save those who do not know You. Deliver those who are deceived and have embraced anger and hatred in their own souls. Lord, show me ways to overcome evil in the world. Help me to reach out and be an instrument of change when I see injustice and wrongs being committed against others. Give me wisdom and love to overcome evil with good. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply